Wildwood Scores

Seven points is hardly what I'd call "close." None-the-less, essentially scoring a 60 right out of the gate is a strong accomplishment for a Class A corps. But as my hero in the Govies says every year, "scores, schmores..." Different show, different judging panel, different line-up of corps, good or bad sushi at lunch, can all greatly impact the scores on any particular night. Until all the corps go head to head a few times, numbers really don't mean much. ESPECIALLY knowing that more than a few corps are still putting some of the finishing touches on their programs. I'm hoping to see as many corps as possible on the 5th in Virginia!

yea, I shoudn't do math first thing Monday morning. I was pleasantly suprised, though, that Fusion scored so well, especially hearing that they didn't finish their show. Sounds like a great start for them. Good luck to Bush as well. By Finals, I'm sure they will close the gap.

Edited by Mike_B

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Bush as well. By Finals, I'm sure they will close the gap.

Yep...... that's a pretty good bet, I would imagine. I understand Bushwackers were missing something like a dozen brass players at the Wildwood show (due to graduation commitments, etc.).

Bush has some very cool stuff going on in their show this year..... I look forward to seeing their finished product with the rest of the horn players in the ranks!

Fran

I've been telling everyone for days that we were either penalized for excessive awesome or for too many camels on the field.

The truth is that we did not perform our closer in Wildwood and took a penalty for being under time. The T&P judge adhered to the rules and we fully expected it.

We will be performing "Ride" at our next performance in Manassas, VA. We hope that you enjoy it.

Good job nonetheless Chris...Can't wait to see you guys.

wow, 4 pts looks like they left a lot of room for impire, brigs and others
Bear in mind that this is coming from someone who did not actually see the show, however I don't think the 4 plus point spread with a complete caption/sub-caption sweep over a corps which has to be considered the presumptive number one contender was intended to allow room for anyone to squeeze in.
can anyone beat the the Bucs ?
See above...
did the Renagades get a 75?
Renegades could have scored an 85...would it make a difference? Edited by VOReason