scores?

Precision West was not scored???? that explains why no scores have been posted, but are you sure? i thought only the Brea (SoCal) show was exhibition.

The California show from yesterday was not scored.

Precision West was not scored???? that explains why no scores have been posted, but are you sure? i thought only the Brea (SoCal) show was exhibition.
The California show from yesterday was not scored.

A clever ploy IMO on the part of the corps directors and a few others out there!! It keeps them out of discussions like the ones happening all over here on DCP this morning!

BRILLIANT!! :tongue:

Also lets them know where to start the scoring, like right about 74.

THAT'S a very controversial point of view right there... :smile:

I made a joke saying BD and SCV should score about 99.4 and 99.5 respectfully. That still gives them room for improvement between now and August... :tongue:

Edited by GGarrett

Also lets them know where to start the scoring, like right about 74.

Just calling it like you see it, huh? If they don't want accusations like this then they should start when everyone else does. Realistically though the fault lies with DCI. They are the governing body and they control everything else so what's the excuse?

I knew about the 5 going in , but never knew Percussion would be the lone section to get 20 points!!!!

It simply should have been the brass which is the largest section on the field in most cases.Whith this system percussion is equal to Entire effect captions as well as music and visual ensemble. So numbers, spreads and placing could shift heavily later . If it all stays the same i say save ALOT of money and use 3 judges doing overall 100 points each average them and get the same outcome.

If it all stays the same i say save ALOT of money and use 3 judges doing overall 100 points each average them and get the same outcome.

We used to do that in the band world when I taught...except we used five Judges doing overall, dropped the high and the low, averaged the rest.......We call it Three Blind Mice Plus Two

We used to do that in the band world when I taught...except we used five Judges doing overall, dropped the high and the low, averaged the rest.......We call it Three Blind Mice Plus Two

That is funny and it was also known as the Olympic style system. I never liked it . All i am saying is if the outcome is the same with this odd 5 man go all the way give the saved cash to corps for gas and have fun .

give the saved cash to corps for gas and have fun .

Sounds good to me.