Didn't see the show and was looking forward to more reviews...anyone got anything other than comments on the Cabs guard uniform and the requisite defensive reactions?? Seems as though the Bucs once again laid down the gauntlet. Was their performance as dominant as the score and recaps indicated? Please more REVIEWS....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the current corps director and field conductor is a Crossmen Alumna and we've followed that tradition last year as well.

J

I don't know, I only saw him from the opposite side.

Are you following the long tradition of when the Aussie goes on, no one talks?

Well, this is my first year with the cabs and I have to say that I love it. Congrats to the bucs for their win on saturday. Now I didn't see the bucs perform butt my sister said that they were really good. For my first performance i have to say that I enjoyed it. Were there problems, yeah but it was a first performance. I can't wait for bridgeport LETS GET IT CABS!

Edited by cabsmello08

I did not see this person. Did he make it himself or does it look like original stuff.

But I know there is a guy that is a little different and last year at one show he was dressed up like sort of like a bridgemen this was at the clifton show. I know someone said the year before he dressed in a different corps uniform. So If it is the same Guy well I don't think it is a disrepect thing. Its more of a person that is different. One who does not realize he is disrepecting anyone. Just wanting to be part of it and playing dress up. The stuff he had on in clifton looks like he made on his own.

I don't know I guess I am just different when I see something like that I don't immediately think the person is disrepectful unless the person seems to be fully aware and mentially with it. So if it is the guy from Clifton well maybe you will see him in a different light. & be thankful that you are not different

We saw that "Bridgemen" person the last few seasons at our show in Bayonne, and at The Cabs "Grand Prix" Show, in Clifton.

I believe that his name is Dennis.

As far as we know, he was never affiliated with our organization, and is just a huge fan, that "wants to be a part of it", and "plays dress up"! (As you so aptly stated, MrFun!)

And yes, his "uniform" was homemade. Actually, pretty clever!

We were not offended, nor did we feel that he was disrespecting our organization in any manner. Of course, if his behavior was inappropriate, that would be a different story.

He is merely someone that pays homage to something that he loves, and obviously enjoys...in a manner that is different from how we would do it.

I like your suggestion to just "see him in a different light".

:thumbup::tongue:

*ahem* ...

Go Bushwackers on your first show! Can't wait to see you all soon!

and, Congrats to Bucs for your win ... and for Cabs ... I didn't see your uniform, but I did see your guard last year and thought you were wonderful .. I'm sure you're continuing in that fashion and that level of performance, so good for you!

Rock on everyone in 2008!

:)

:tongue::thumbup:

*ahem* ...

Uh...and I believe he resides in Passaic County! :thumbup:

:tongue::thumbup:

*ahem* ...

Go Bushwackers on your first show! Can't wait to see you all soon!

and, Congrats to Bucs for your win ... and for Cabs ... I didn't see your uniform, but I did see your guard last year and thought you were wonderful .. I'm sure you're continuing in that fashion and that level of performance, so good for you!

Rock on everyone in 2008!

:)

Not to be confused with the Dennis we know and love.

Can you imagine? :thumbup:

Yes she did. 8:28 this morning. 10 lb 8 oz baby boy. 21.5 inches long. Sounds like he's going to be a tuba player just like mommy.

That is great news! Thanks for the update :tongue:

Thanks for clearing that up Jimmy. I hope that he was the guy. The whole incident seems minor when you understand any underlying issues. Actually, it's kinda neat that he, in his way, was showing respect to CrossmenXtreme.

Maybe I'll get to meet him and let him know how much we appreciate the hype.

J

We saw that "Bridgemen" person the last few seasons at our show in Bayonne, and at The Cabs "Grand Prix" Show, in Clifton.

As far as we know, he was never affiliated with our organization, and is just a huge fan, that "wants to be a part of it", and "plays dress up"! (As you so aptly stated, MrFun!)

And yes, his "uniform" was homemade. Actually, pretty clever!

We were not offended, nor did we feel that he was disrespecting our organization in any manner. Of course, if his behavior was inappropriate, that would be a different story.

He is merely someone that pays homage to something that he loves, and obviously enjoys...in a manner that is different from how we would do it.

I like your suggestion to just "see him in a different light".