After the first night, have you opinions and predictions changed?

I know it's early, and it's difficult to make any real predictions after the first show of the year for corps. However:

* surprised a little bit that Cavaliers were only .2 away from Phantom in percussion. It's nice to see Cavaliers' percussion back with the big dogs, and hopefully this is a sign that they will be contending all season

Cavies' pit is out of this world. There are some really innovative things going on in there. There battery is great too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, I have not seen Cadets or BD. I am also not saying they ARE going to beat Cavaliers, but they are the only 2 corps I think would have the possibility of beating Cavies at this time. I also haven't seen Coats or SCV, and those would be the other 2 corps that could possibly sneak in and beat Cavies, but I don't expect either of them will. At this time, that is my opinion, and that could change after seeing everyone else.

That's cool, Melissa. I tend to agree on many of your observations. I wasn't trying to start a flame :) but was rather seeding a point to others in general on basis or references for predictions using your excellent wording on your opinion. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with the comment that Boston may be one to look out for (not for winning, but for gaining a large following). I've never been much of a fan in the past, but that show took me hook, line, and sinker. I'll admit that it has something to do with the big guy on the FSL yelling "BREATHE, BREATHE, COME ONCOMEONCOMEON... BREATHE!!!" (brass guy thing), but there may be more to it than that...

Cavies' pit is out of this world. There are some really innovative things going on in there. There battery is great too.

Just saw a video of their show, and you're right: their pit is amazing! This will be a show I will want to see a TON this summer! Can't wait to see how they clean this baby up

Yes, my new 12

1 BD

2 Cavies

3 Cadets

4 Phantom

5 SCV

6 Bluecoats

7 Crown

8 Boston

9 Colts

10 Academy

11 Blue Stars

12 Spirit

After seeing the Rockford show last night, I know I sure have a few opinion changes.

First, I think Cavaliers are gonna stay in top 3. But, I don't see this show as a championship show. I can't wait to see Blue Devils and Cadets now, as I think these 2 corps are gonna fight for the championship.

Phantom Regiment, I thought would slip to 7th this year. Now I don't foresee them slipping lower than 6th, and possibly in 4th or 5th. Musically this is a great show. Drill however, is typical of the last 4 seasons, even with new personnel writing their drill. Brass may be in the running for the trophy.

Crown has a very nice show. I had an odd feeling, as this show to me is like a DCI greatest hits of the SCV, Cadets and Phantom shows of past, but arrangements in a style similar to Star Of Indiana. It reminds me of Stars 92 show a little for some reason. I don't foresee them raising in the standings this year, and wouldn't be surprised now if they slip a spot. Still a great show, but not quite to the level of last year in GE. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Phantom if they had a great night, and Phantom was a little off, but I wouldn't expect them to beat Phantom this year come finals week.

I think Colts are safe to stay in finals, and I still think Blue Stars are going to make it once again, after a long hiatus.

Madison Scouts-after hearing all the pre-season hype, I though they would be making finals once again. After seeing them last night, I can honestly say they are going to have work extremely hard to get to that point. Musically the show is very good, but not what I would call great. The drill has some great moments, but overall just falls a little short. Still early season, but I wouldn't count on seeing them on Saturday in Indiana.

So my changes from last week

Cavies aren't as solid as I thought they would be

Phantom is stronger than I thought they would be

Madsion isn't quite to the level I was hoping/thought they would be

Yes, my new 12

1 BD

2 Cavies

3 Cadets

4 Phantom

5 SCV

6 Bluecoats

7 Crown

8 Boston

9 Colts

10 Academy

11 Blue Stars

12 Spirit

And Mine,

1 Cavies

2 Phantom

3 BD

4 SCV

5 Cadets

6 Bluecoats

7 Crown

8 Madison

9 Boston

10 Crossmen

11 BK

12 Colts

Sorry to disappoint you but the Cavaliers are going to very hard to beat this year.How in the world can you say the Cavalier show is not championship caliber?I for one pick them to win it all.Any Takers?Go Cavaliers.

Sorry to disappoint you but the Cavaliers are going to very hard to beat this year.How in the world can you say the Cavalier show is not championship caliber?I for one pick them to win it all.Any Takers?Go Cavaliers.

The poster listed several reasons quite 'in the world', to back up the opinion, unlike....well......you :laughing: