After the first night, have you opinions and predictions changed?

Tell me this about this year's Cavies: Are they loud?

I had several issues with last year's show. I would have forgiven several of those if the corps had managed to turn up the volume. I realize it's June, but are they turning it up now?

HH

Not as loud as Phantom or Crown. Louder than the rest, IMHO.

The tones coming out of Cavies hornline sound more "pure", though. I noticed that the sounded "better" and "quieter" than Crown. Crown was great though, and it is just a differnt kind of sound. I like both approaches to sound.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now say:

1) Cavaliers

2) SCV

3) Blue Devils

4) PR

5) Cadets

6) Bluecoats

7) Crown

8) Boston

9) Blue Stars

10) Blue Knights

11) Glassmen

12) Colts

I now say:

1) Cavaliers

2) SCV

3) Blue Devils

4) PR

5) Cadets

6) Bluecoats

7) Crown

8) Boston

9) Blue Stars

10) Blue Knights

11) Glassmen

12) Colts

I would now come close to agreeing with this, just switch the places of Bluecoats and Crown, and the placements of Colts and Blue Stars, and I think this is pretty close to what we could see come finals week.

I know after Rockford, I didn't think the Cavies had the show to win, but after having seen it twice more now, I really think this is the show to beat. It definitely isn't my favorite Cavies show of all time, but it is a very good and complete package, the kind that usually wins finals at DCI.

I think Boston is another surprise this year. Great show, filled with great music and lots of Visual GE. I now wouldn't be surprised if they tagged either Coats or Crown during the season. There are some awesome shows out there this year. I can't wait to see them all at finals week.