The Official 2008 Crossmen Thread

The recaps are up and there's good news there.

They beat both the Colts and Spirit in visual GE. Also, in Visual Ensemble Comp. In visual, they beat Spirit. The music captions hurt them the most. But, I think that's something that can be worked on.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody post any crossmen pix?

You can see pics on the Crossmen website click on 'The Daily Planet X" on the right nav

http://www.crossmen.org/planet-x-tour.html?lnum=70047

You can see pics on the Crossmen website click on 'The Daily Planet X" on the right nav

http://www.crossmen.org/planet-x-tour.html?lnum=70047

LOVE the daily update and pictures of the Crossmen on their website. The timpanist, who has a few photos on The Daily Planet X is my son.

Just finished watching the Crossmen's performance from last night in Orlando. Really liked the changes to a Wonderful World, both musically and visually. Bolder color presence in the ending...as a guard person, I noticed the new flag color. Very noticeable improvements from Madison, to Clifton to Orlando. Strong evidence that the performers and staff have been working hard on changes and cleaning.

Keep up the momentum...the crowds, fans, alumni, and your families are appreciative and supportive.

Have a great week as you head west. I'm excited to see you all perform when you arrive in TX.

I just looked at planet X, and was like "why is that guard girl on the podium... OH" that was surprising. I assume this is a permanent change.

Any of the older alums that post here... is this the first year the DM hasn't worn the same uniform as the horn line?

from the other thread looks like crossmen got a decent time for San Antonio.

I just looked at planet X, and was like "why is that guard girl on the podium... OH" that was surprising. I assume this is a permanent change.

Any of the older alums that post here... is this the first year the DM hasn't worn the same uniform as the horn line?

Off the top of my head...

1994, 1999, 2003

Well, those were a lot closer to looking like actual corps uniforms than the others. If you wear an aussie, I consider it a corps uniform. Just a more drum major-ish looking uniform.

I'm curious... is this a permanent thing or are they making the DM an all white version of the uniform?? It was a suprise to me to see her dressed as a guard member.

Maybe her uni got lost at the cleaners.

Edited by xbones7480

I'm curious... is this a permanent thing or are they making the DM an all white version of the uniform?? It was a suprise to me to see her dressed as a guard member.

Maybe her uni got lost at the cleaners.

It's probably a permanent change. I think it is nice to see the DM in a different uniform. Although, this doesn't usually work well with male DMs. :thumbup:

2666209054_36d14517f3_o.jpg

The excitement is building as the Crossmen make their way toward the East.

We have a bunch of events planned for their arrival.

July 31st - Crossmen Hall of Fame Ceremony at the West Chester Show (look for the white Alumni Tent at the stadium)

August 1st - Alumni dinner with the Corps and exhibition at their housing site in Elverson, PA (Twin Valley HS)

August 2nd - Annual Picnic in the Park Allentown (alumni gather each year at the park next to the pool and basketball courts) Stop by and watch the corps warm up at the park before the big show.

We already have donations coming in for Soft Pretzels. We are also looking to have a PhillyStyle reception for the corps on the 1st which includes hoagies, cheesesteaks, TastyKaKes, & WaWa Iced Tea. We can't do this without donations and support. Please contact me if you're interested in helping out.

Let's show Crossmen we LOVE them. Come to one of 2008 EAST FEAST events. Thanks.

Edited by xbones7480