The Official 2008 Crossmen Thread

Got to see Crossmen in the show last night and the Bristol Parade today (up from Georgia to see our son in Carolina Crown and see the longest running 4th of July parade in the United States), I certainly enjoyed both performances. They were a crowd favorite in the parade where I was sitting because they (as the crowd would yell) "play(ed) for us". Way to go Crossmen!

My son called...he is in the pit and they were responsible for keeping the corps water flowing....he loved the Bristol parade. Stated it was long, but the crowds were outstanding. Then all corps headed to Wakefield, MA, marched in that parade then all corps had dinner together. That's what drum corps is about gathering friends from the activity we all love....so glad he gets to experience this awesome part of drum corps.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2639470246_80b7aa27ab_o.jpgCan you imagine if approximately all 2,900 of the Crossmen Alumni donated $34.00?

That would total nearly $100,000.00 for their annual Jazz Club campaign!

Currently, the Crossmen have only raised $16,000 of their campaign goal.

Your Contribution to the Jazz Club will help the growth and development of the Crossmen as well as new program offerings of Crossmen Productions, INC. All contributions directly help offset the costs associated with travel, instruction, nutrition, and care of all current and future members of the Crossmen family.

Start helping the Crossmen now by logging on to http://www.crossmen.org and making a contribution using their secure on-line donation form. By doing so, you allow the corps to benefit immediately from your generosity, while saving yourself both time and the cost of a postage stamp.

Help Crossmen RAISE THEIR FLAG and Join the 2008 Jazz Club today!

Edited by xbones7480

If you could compare all competitions this week, here's how it would look so far:

Note: Columbus show was canceled due to rain, so no scores posted for the Colts or the Crossmen (who did get judged) for that show.

Week 4 - 7/10

1. Blue Devils...86.200 (7/9)

2. Cadets...84.950 (7/10)

3. Cavies...84.750 (7/7)

4. Phantom...84.250 (7/9)

5. SCV...82.850 (7/9)

6. Crown...82.600 (7/7)

7. Bluecoats...80.250 (7/7)

8. Boston...78.100 (7/10)

9. Blue Stars...76.900 (7/10)

10. Glassmen...76.000 (7/10)

11. Spirit...73.700 (7/10)

12. Colts...73.600 (7/10)

-----------------------------------------

13. PC....72.750 (7/5)

14. Madison....72.250 (7/7)

15. Xmen...72.000 (7/7)

16. BKnights...71.800 (7/2)

17. Troopers...70.800 (7/5)

--------------------------------------------

18. Academy....68.800 (7/5)

19. Mandarins...67.650 (7/5)

20. Pioneer...65.050 (7/7)

Edited by xbones7480

I just came from the show. I went with some drum corps newbies. They loved the Crossmen.

It was a good performance, but there is stll so much more they can improve, I can see them improving so much.

Everytime I see them, they've added a little bit more. They are playing much louder than last year, which is great.

I loved the beaming smile from the drum major at the end. It was genuine. They are proud and enjoying themselves. Good stuff.

I was at rehearsal yesterday and the show last night. There are so many good things going on with Crossmen this year!

Crossmen are working hard, and enjoying themselves..which is a great feat in this activity.

Check out the daily report and photos on their website www.crossmen.org

Click on Daily Planet X

It is great to read about their daily progress and work ethics.

This week, the corps heads south..VA, SC, and FL

They will meet up with more corps, starting in SC, than the 3 others they have been traveling with the past 10 days.

GO CROSSMEN!!!

Go Bones say them in Erie, loved the show. Loved the Crossmen since I first saw them in 2001.

Crossmen had a fun day yesterday...did a few hours of rehearsal, then headed to the New Jersey Shore for some R&R, boardwalk and beach time. After hours of hanging out together, the members settled onto their buses for the trip to Cheaspeake, VA

Tonights contest

Tidewater Summer Music Games is at Hickory High School

Show Line-Up is

Crossmen

Crusaders

Crown

Cadets

Tonight ends the "Four Tour" (four corps Cadets, Crown, Crossmen and Crusaders have only been competing with each other in World Class over the past 8 days), Wednesday in South Carolina other corps will enter the mix.

GO CROSSMEN!!!!