Brass Hysteria

HCB landed last night...out to rehearsal this morning...

Chris, Manny, and crew have been awesome to work with and are set up to take very good care of us,

if anybody was thinking about doing this show and didn't, you definitely should get in next year...

they are a great bunch of guys...

drive fast Jeff..maybe the wind will keep you guys cool :lookaround:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 hours and some change until step off :)

BTW, hearing the give-away contest for tickets on the radio was especially exciting to our corps director this morning. REALLY looking forward to tomorrow

Prairie Sound made it in against the wind all day making my Mini Van a Gas Guzzler.

Stopped by Augusta, KS High School and piced up 100 uniforms and Hats. As a bonus for helping him out the Band Director gave us 5 Yamaha Snare Drums. Yea they need Tension rods and heads but everything helps. Our small trailer is crammed full of stuff and I will need to wake up early to dig out my Olds Ultratone II Baritone.

This will be our 3rd performance for our Horn Line with our 3rd set of palyers. Looks like we may pick up some of our lost players after this gig for the fall and hopefully the 2009 season.

06:30 wake up with Bugles out front of the Motel. lol

Glad you made it in Jeff! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the morning!

My ride north is on the way! showtime in about 13 hours, GCS will be practicing on-site starting about noon. See ya all tonight!

Austin Stars rehearsing in Whacko, err Waco in less than three. With a three to four hour break to make it the rest of the way up. IT'S A SHOW DAY.

UGH! Rain Delay...

our corps went down knowing "there's always someone better than you" and mgmt decided if we could get the corps down and back without issue then we win...didn't count on this :hehe:

haven't heard anything for awhile so hopefully things are back under way...

I soooo hope everyone gets to perform and they all have a great show...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE!

k, Drew, here goes the prayer...

Fun show great people all around. We will definatly do this again but with a more complete package. (ie. adding drums and Color Guard for sure) One hour rain delay. Everything is big in Texas including thunder storms.

Not really a review, just some casual observations of the weekend.

I didn't get to see Masquerade but I did here a little and they sounded pretty good. Strong 5 man line.

High Coutry Brass: What a fun group of people. Very tight Contra section just outstanding. The Pool Side Brass rehearsal of America O Canada was fun. Full show very well done. The "parking lot jam was fun as well. These people are a lot of fun to be around and are very enthusiastic about the activity. They could challenge Frontier and Gulf Coast very soon.

Austin Stars: Man, they performed a really good field show that gave their Contra Player a workout laying down the bass line which kept the rest of the line in tempo. No Drums but really good show, I'm jeleous. Give these guys a Drum Battery and they will be outright dangerous. Watch out East Coast!

Gulf Coast Sound: They had one of the loudest moments of the night with their line just drilling the stands with G Bugle Sound. Full show with full sound.

Frontier: The new drums looked really sharp. I'm a fan of this Soprano Line, just screamin.

Two Color Guard did a realy good job but they have a little baggage. (they caried suit cases for a while in the opener)

I'll let the people who earned their scores and placements comment on that aspect of the show.

The members of Prairie Sound Really appreciate Frontier allowing smaller Corps to get involved in the activity. I really learned a lot and already have a lot of ideas of what to improve on for next year to make the whole trip more fun and less expensive for our members. I'd like to go North as well and experience a two show weekend.

Thanks,

Jeff,

Prairie Sound