Judging Captions

Whats happened to the Brass, Colorguard, and Marching Performance captions? And are there no more on-field judges? I was at the Belding, MI show tonight and didn't see anyone on the field. Its been two or three years since I made it to a show. Can someone explain?

Whats happened to the Brass, Colorguard, and Marching Performance captions? And are there no more on-field judges? I was at the Belding, MI show tonight and didn't see anyone on the field. Its been two or three years since I made it to a show. Can someone explain?

They will be judged after July 5th I believe. DCI is simply trying to save money by going with a smaller judging panel for the first few weeks.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

the quick answer is that DCI, in a move to economize, decided to use 5 judges to judge shows during first couple of weeks of the competitive season, and use no field judges. Once we get beyond this early period, DCI will return to their normal slate of 8 judges, which will include the field judges. If the program is successful DCI may reduce the number of judges from it's current 8 for the entire season in the future once this 5 judge format is evaluated by DCI for both it's pros and cons impact.

Edited by BRASSO

the quick answer is that DCI, in a move to economize, decided to use 5 judges to judge shows during first couple of weeks of the competitive season, and use no field judges. Once we get beyond this early period, DCI will return to their normal slate of 8 judges, which will include the field judges. If the program is successful DCI may reduce the number of judges from it's current 8 for the entire season in the future once this 5 judge format is evaluated by DCI for both it's pros and cons impact.

It would be an awful move, imho