DCI Live Webast Rituals

I know its not directly related to this thread, but does anybody know what the timetable is for the madison webcast this saturday? And what timezone is madison in? Going to be watching this in england, just wondered what sort of time im going to be up till watching it!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the webcast on a 62'' TV be that good? I mean, the little webcast window on my computer looks nice, but when I expand it to full screen it looks all grainy and fuzzy. I would think that it would be a mess on a 62'' TV. Am I doing something wrong?

I too get the grainy, fuzzy, pixley picture when I go to full screen on the monitor. You have to sit 6 feet away fron the screen to keep from getting dizzy and a head-ache. So I was pleasantly surprised when I hooked up the laptop to the TV and it looks great! No fuzzy, pixley, grainy pictue. It actually looks much, much better than the monitor picture. Plus when youhook it up to your surround sound it is almost, I say ALMOST, as good as being there. The cord I bought only cost me $18.00 so it was well worth it just to try it. It worked, so well worth the investment.

I know its not directly related to this thread, but does anybody know what the timetable is for the madison webcast this saturday? And what timezone is madison in? Going to be watching this in england, just wondered what sort of time im going to be up till watching it!

Saturday's show starts at 4:30 PM Central Standard Time so I'm guessing that would be 10:30 PM in the UK? Not positive.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only mom that needs tissues to watch a web-cast. I cry everytime............and I always feel like such a nerd. :angry: So, thank you for sharing that you get as emotional as I do. I don't think there is a better feeling in the world than to watch your kid live out their dream.

You are so right. My "condition" includes anything I watch that has young people doing amazing things. This is my daughter's age out summer and it should prove to be one of the most emotional ever. Look for me at finals. I will be the one with the industrial size tissue box and mascara running down my face. It will not be pretty.

Here is where I'm running into problems....

My TV has a S-Video port on the back. My laptop does not.

My laptop has VGA outlet that you would hook a projector etc. into.

Any ideas? I went to future shop and they didn't have any chords or adapters that would be of use for me.

Any help is appreciated!

Here is where I'm running into problems....

My TV has a S-Video port on the back. My laptop does not.

My laptop has VGA outlet that you would hook a projector etc. into.

Any ideas? I went to future shop and they didn't have any chords or adapters that would be of use for me.

Any help is appreciated!

Wow - How old is your laptop? If you can find one of these you are in business:

VGA TO S-VIDEO / RCA COMPOSITE ADAPTER CABLE (2 Converter)

CBA0_03.jpg

Edited by BigSnareline

It is actually only 2 years old - but it is a pretty basic DELL model.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure what electronics stores you have in Canada - I found this online - I think it was priced at $2.99 US$. Probably don't have time to get it via online before this saturday. Do you have Computer City, or CompUSA? or one of those places? Maybe even Radio Shack?

Saturday's show starts at 4:30 PM Central Standard Time so I'm guessing that would be 10:30 PM in the UK? Not positive.

Thanks, I couldnt find anywhere what time is started. And yes, that is 10:30pm. Its going to be a late one for me!

Thanks, I couldnt find anywhere what time is started. And yes, that is 10:30pm. Its going to be a late one for me!

I thought so - I lived in Germany for 5 years and I think we were one hour different than the UK.

Edited by BigSnareline