Outsiders

So as we have now started a new season... I've already admitted I'm on the outside wanting in... So my question in this thread is...

Who else is in a situation like mine? That you want to march but there is nothing locally available for you to do so.

If, in addition to adding yourself to the list of people without a corps, you could leave your location, maybe this could be a building block for the formation of future groups.

I'm Mike.... Lead sop, and I currently live in Salisbury, MD (30 miles from Ocean City, MD)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, Shenandoah Sound is about 150 miles from you. I know that's not exactly local, but I can't say much. I travel down from Reading, PA to march with these guys! We might even be able to help you get part of the way there if you can meet us along 495. Let me know if you'd be interested. We have rehearsal this weekend and our home show on July 5th!

For what it's worth, Shenandoah Sound is about 150 miles from you. I know that's not exactly local, but I can't say much. I travel down from Reading, PA to march with these guys! We might even be able to help you get part of the way there if you can meet us along 495. Let me know if you'd be interested. We have rehearsal this weekend and our home show on July 5th!

It's crossed my mind... it really has... the only thing holding me is the fact that $$ is an issue. Go figure.

150 miles isn't that far. But does get costly with current gas prices. Also bear in mind that most shows will probably be 150 miles or more away. Depending on the corps. Down here in Texas I've driven 185 miles each way to the "closest" corps. Fortunately a new corps formed and I have a closer option. Still roughly 40 miles out though. And non-home shows are in the 185 mile to 960 mile range(each way). Since the corps is still too small to fund a bus, transporation costs are totally on my shoulders for the most part. At current gas prices, the closest non-home show is $40 in gas at best. Carpooling is always an option. And I'm sure we'll take vans or something for the bigger shows. But there's definitely more costs to corps than just membership dues and uniform parts. Unfortunately.

I am a temporary outsider...

I am a Renegade through and through... I think I have always been one as I had this same attitude when I was a Blue Devil as well! I have to sit out this season as life has gotten in the way and I'm darned upset about it because... Well if you go to DCA you will understand why I am bummed! Unless Renegades are your hot dog corps and then you will not understand!

Edited by Big Bad Bari

I’m on the outside and I kind of like it actually. I marched in the Anaheim Kingsmen in their 70’s-glory days and the Kingsmen Alumni Corps last summer at D.C.I. It was a privilege not many get, and to relive my youth and put that uniform on again I’ll be forever grateful.

On the other hand, it was a HELL of a lot of work and I was sore until Christmas. Maybe if I were single I’d drive up and join the Renegades.

So as we have now started a new season... I've already admitted I'm on the outside wanting in... So my question in this thread is...

Who else is in a situation like mine? That you want to march but there is nothing locally available for you to do so.

If, in addition to adding yourself to the list of people without a corps, you could leave your location, maybe this could be a building block for the formation of future groups.

I'm Mike.... Lead sop, and I currently live in Salisbury, MD (30 miles from Ocean City, MD)

Step 1: Move to CA

Step 2: Join Renegades

Step 3: Enjoy Summer

Pretty easy :)

You forgot the 2 steps before Step 1...I'll call them Step 1A and Step 1B

Step 1A: Quit job

Step 1B: Divorce wife

You forgot the 2 steps before Step 1...I'll call them Step 1A and Step 1B

Step 1A: Quit job

Step 1B: Divorce wife

See everybody wins! :lookaround:

I'm out too, at least till my cardiologist says okay, after July1st.