Corps in Fourth of July Parades

Know of six corps at Havre de Grace, MD this afternoon, half Alumni type and half competing.

CT Hurricanes, Music City Legend, Fusion (all at Manassas, VA show few hours later) :worthy:

Hanover Lancers, Yankee Rebels and Archer Epler Musketeers...

Plus Baltimore Ravens band, town band that I messed the name but they looked #### sharp as we left, and bag pipers I saw walking around.

Also euponitone/Nick found me as I was getting off the bus and and we had a good chat. See... a older DCA fan and a younger DCI fan can get together without trouble. :tongue::tongue: It was too hot for flames anyway. :tongue::devil:

Not to mention the five parades in the Baltimore area the day before. Three words....OW......MY.........LEGS!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jim,

How are you feeling today after all those parades! We only did one and I felt it. :tongue:

That town band was pretty good. I think they got bigger this year. Everyone played going by us except the Lancers and Music City Legend. Archie gave us a present arms going past showing lots of class!

You looked nice and cool in your summer uniform. We were pretty much dead last with only the street sweepers behind us so we got to see everyone. Alliance from Atlanta was there as well. The good thing about being last is we get to see everybody but the bad thing is we have to wait longer for the party we have back at the American Legion afterwards. But, it's all good. :worthy:

Robbie

Thanks Robbie and the Rebs were showing their class by applauding the corps as we went by. :tongue: Think we were living right this year with parade position as we finished around 3PM. Actually got home by supper time for once. Missed seeing Alliance but Music City' bus pulled out as we were packing up.

We also had a fill in DM as our two regulars couldn't make the parade. She did a great job even with being nervous about DMing and keeping an eye on the two girls who carried the corps banner. They must have done a good job too as no one yelled "What band are you?" :devil:

Got another comment on the summer uni (shorts, baseball caps and white golf shirts for everyone elses benefit). As we walked by a couple of Hurricanes, one said "That's what we need... SHORTS!!! My bibs are gonna be standing up by themselves by the time we get home". :tongue:

Then my brother Russ and I (he's also in the corps) drove home to Oak Point, TX where the fireworks in our neighborhood produced a display that could only be described as World War III, which went at LEAST until 3am!

Was there the Texas tradition of the National Anthem duet which is played at all neighborhood fireworks shows?