Corps in Fourth of July Parades

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawthorne Caballeros will start their 4th of July weekend off in Oradell, NJ with a parade and an exhibition. After the Exhibition they load the buses and trucks and head to Ridgefield Park, NJ for that annual parade... Finishing off the day with an Exhibition in Hawthorne Before the Fireworks. A couple of hours of "us" time and then get on the buses to Rochester NY for the Empire Statesmen show. Busy Holiday but much fun will be had by all.

Heh.... this year, I'm going to try to get up and get to the Towson parade, for the first time since I've lived in the Baltimore area.

Yep....I'm going to try. Doesn't mean I actually will get out of bed in time. :lookaround:

Fran

I'm sure Lacers would save a marching spot for you. :lookaround:

I'm sure Lacers would save a marching spot for you. :lookaround:

Fran can always help push the water wagon. :lookaround:

I'd call Fran when I get up Friday (around 4:30AM) to make sure he'll be at Towson. But I don't want to take the chance of waking Barb.

Excelsior will appear, for our fourth year in a row, in the Pittsfield Mass 4th of July parade! This will mark the first ever performance collaboration between Excelsior and the Pittsfield Boys and girls club. Excelsior has been fortunate to call the boys and girls club "home" for many of the Pittsfield rehearsals and now we will be performing in this great parade together. The unit will consist of Excelsior, the Pittsfield boys and girls club float and the club auxiliary will also march with us. We are so excited! After the parade an exhibition of the 2008 field show, Robin Hood, a field production will take place right in front of the Tahiti (which is right at the end of the parade route near the parking lots to Wacona Park.) Our annual 4th of July picnic and clam bake will commence immediately after! See you there!

Pittsfield -

Once home of FIVE junior corps, including the Boys Club Cavaliers. Also home to the Bershire Marauders, which became the Interstatesmen.

Wacona Park, the host to soooo many drum corps shows, senior and junior, for decades. I first saw the Cabs at Wacona Park back in the 1950's.

Enjoy your time there and remember the drum corps history of Pittsfield.

Gulf Coast Sound is marching in the City of Meadows Place Parade near Sugarland. It is our first 4th of July Parade that is not part of a Midwest Tour!

Chops, Inc. is bringing our three parade units - Chopstix Percussion, Top Chops Brassline, and Hot Chops Colorguard - to three Minnesota parades on the 4th:

Delano

Apple Valley

Chanhassen

And we'll have our 2005 soprano soloist on hand for that one smartass in Chanhassen that yells "Play Freebird" at us every year... :lookaround: