Racine Roadhouse

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, its been an odyssey with the hospital sending him home each time saying it was dehydration, but fortunately my husband (Eric 'The Chicken Man') has been helping out this week, and in his other life just so happens to be a hematologist and he pointed out to the dr at the hospital yesterday that there was something very funky going on with his blood test results and perhaps they should do a Mono test. And the rest is history! Poor boy has to sleep in the Souvie truck, they say its so he can get more rest but I really think its so he doesnt breathe on anyone else, lol. He will be home on Sunday and I shall do what I can so he can get back in Orlando. Just another blip in the road of life but it sucks!

Bst of luck to all you BAC-ers...I would be worried about close quarters with something like that. I think it is pretty easily transmitted. A million years ago, in my high school, we lost like 10 of the brass players (trumpets and trombones) after one of their family members came down with mono and it spread around. Some of those guys were out of school for a month. I would hate to see that take that kind of toll on any corps.

Edited by paultxsa

You're probably right. My memory isn't what it used to be. :smile: (waits for a smart #@* comment from DIG or "tall paul")

Did you march in 89? I might know you or at least you might remember me. I was the 10 year old that was on the road for the summer. Tried to march Sop and Cymbals, but was there all summer none the less.

Well the first time they trucked him off to the hospital it was onlyb ecause he finally admitted that he couldnt feel his hands and feet and yes he was having trouble breathing! The dedication of these kids is quite something, it makes me very proud. Mmy husband said that when it was announced that he was going to have to go home the whole corps rallied around and there were many a tear shed and lots of hugs I know he is heartbroken but at least it is not his age out year and BAC will keep a spot of some description for him no matter when he returns, they are determined that he will be on the field at finals. It truly is a family, and I know that every corps is the same.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. And you are right, this corps is truly like family. Like I read somwhere else today, this a really special year for this corps no matter the outcome.

And oh yeah, WAY TO GO BOSTON! Tomorrow night should be very interesting.

Edited by BACMom

World Class

1 The Cadets 77.400

2 Boston Crusaders 73.800

3 Blue Stars 70.500

4 Troopers 65.400

5 Pioneer 58.800

Open Class

1 Revolution 63.600

2 Racine Scouts 55.500

All age corps

1 Kilties 66.600

(TroopersWeb @ Jun 27 2008, 09:41 PM)

I heard the music judge was a no-show tonight?????

Do you know if the music judge was there or not? Thanks!

Bst of luck to all you BAC-ers...I would be worried about close quarters with something like that. I think it is pretty easily transmitted. A million years ago, in my high school, we lost like 10 of the brass players (trumpets and trombones) after one of their family members came down with mono and it spread around. Some of those guys were out of school for a month. I would hate to see that take that kind of toll on any corps.

In 2000, During Move Ins, we lost a pit girl to Mono for a week. It was real upsetting, the rest of us pitters had to take lots of vitamins and had to be watched over by the parents. Luck has it that it was just her and was only out for a week.

I hope your son gets well. I know one of my former students is in the trumpet section at Boston. He says he is having a blast.