Carolina Crown Show

Because everyone on DCP lives for making a point no matter how useless and silly it is...

(I may be a hypocrite too BTW) :worthy:

Edited by Casaba

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy:

I had no clue how much drama I would be starting when I began this thread - I have learned this - you either love or hate Crown - not too many people seem to be on the fence. I like Crown - I think Crown has come a long way over the past few years - love em hate em - at least give them their due.

:cool:

Carolina Crown is amazing. I liked their show in 1996, but WOW, their show last year.... I think it will enter history as one of the most loved shows of all time. I usually go to a number of shows every year, often taking people unfamiliar with Drum Corps. I have NEVER had so many positive reactions to a show like Crown's. I actually had 3 people come with me to finals (and pay for the good seats! - Thanks ebay!) who have never seen drum corps before last summer because they all wanted to see the Carolina Crown show again. The fact that it was finals was kinda lost on them - they didn't understand why they didn't finish higher.

Design and perform a show that is ACCESSIBLE? Oh my god! The horror. Anything that can draw in new fans? HORRIBLE! A show that makes people laugh and actually FEEL something? A CRIME!

I can't wait to see Crown's show this year. In all seriousness, it's probably the main reason I am going to Allentown this year. I really, really wish Crown would come out west!!!

:worthy:

Excellent...that's the whole point of the show.

Then it's okay if people have issues with it. Crown has a right to make their artistic choices, and we have a right to say "You're giving us musical whiplash!" Both groups are right.

I think Crown's show has the potential to be the crowd pleasing show of the year.

They get my vote. Saw 'em last Sunday, in Naperville IL. WOW!!!!! And that HUGE "tuba" (old school for me - contra) line. :worthy: They got a standing "O" from the entire crowd at the end, even before they were even finished!!!

Edited by Vanguard Rich

If that is the whole point of the show then I think they got it wrong. Imagine if a corps played a whole tune for once! Sacrilege!!!

Guess you didn't hear the ballad this year.