Spartans

I don't know if it's been discussed on the forum yet, but why are their scores so low? Why aren't the scores reflecting the dominance from years past? It seems that there has been a major change here, and not for the positive (as far as scores go).

Shawn

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's been discussed on the forum yet, but why are their scores so low? Why aren't the scores reflecting the dominance from years past? It seems that there has been a major change here, and not for the positive (as far as scores go).

Shawn

Why should the scores reflect "the dominance " from the past seasons? No other corps is judged that way. The Spartans are a whole different corps now. Good luck to them.

So many ways to reply to the posts to the topic that I created just 2 short days ago.

1st) I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention to Div 2/3 forum over the last few months. Not exactly a high priority considering I have a 5 month old son at home.

2nd) I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being serious and I wasn't trying to be mean. I didn't do a search to see old topic's, so sue me. I was asking a question about an organization that I highly respect from the years and years they beat my corps (the Seattle Cascades) in the mid and late 90's.

3rd) I know that corps aren't judged on their successes of the past. Give me a break. Most organizations that have sustained success, sports teams and marching units alike, normally have tendencies to stay successful over the long term. As I stated in my original post, I figure there had to have been a change in the organization. I figured someone would have a short answer. Also if you look at some of the other topics since mine, I'm not the only one that noticed something was different.

4th) I know that organizations go through restructuring - Cascades 2008, Cascades 1997, Cascades 2000 (sometimes for the better, they won div 3 that year), OC 2007.

Look, yoz, I know how drum corps works, it was a simple question.

Since nobody want's to answer my question and waste their time by replying lame posts, then I end my post with this:

Good luck Spartans! I know you are working hard to achieve all of your goals! Keep fighting the good fight and heres to a great season!!!!!

Shawn

So many ways to reply to the posts to the topic that I created just 2 short days ago.

1st) I'm sorry I haven't been paying attention to Div 2/3 forum over the last few months. Not exactly a high priority considering I have a 5 month old son at home.

2nd) I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being serious and I wasn't trying to be mean. I didn't do a search to see old topic's, so sue me. I was asking a question about an organization that I highly respect from the years and years they beat my corps (the Seattle Cascades) in the mid and late 90's.

3rd) I know that corps aren't judged on their successes of the past. Give me a break. Most organizations that have sustained success, sports teams and marching units alike, normally have tendencies to stay successful over the long term. As I stated in my original post, I figure there had to have been a change in the organization. I figured someone would have a short answer. Also if you look at some of the other topics since mine, I'm not the only one that noticed something was different.

4th) I know that organizations go through restructuring - Cascades 2008, Cascades 1997, Cascades 2000 (sometimes for the better, they won div 3 that year), OC 2007.

Look, yoz, I know how drum corps works, it was a simple question.

Since nobody want's to answer my question and waste their time by replying lame posts, then I end my post with this:

Good luck Spartans! I know you are working hard to achieve all of your goals! Keep fighting the good fight and heres to a great season!!!!!

Shawn

I'm with you.... I used to be a regular on this forum and hadn't heard the news about Spartans..... Believe it or not, not everyone reads this forum every day. A simple link to the topic would have been helpful. As it is, I spent about 10 minutes searching for the information.

Regardless, good luck to Spartans. I hope they get their show polished and return to their splendor. Politics in drum corps always cause pain and suffering!

Regardless, good luck to Spartans.

Hear, hear! :hmmm:

I'm with you.... I used to be a regular on this forum and hadn't heard the news about Spartans..... Believe it or not, not everyone reads this forum every day. A simple link to the topic would have been helpful. As it is, I spent about 10 minutes searching for the information.

Regardless, good luck to Spartans. I hope they get their show polished and return to their splendor. Politics in drum corps always cause pain and suffering!

I can't seem to find anything on it at all, could someone post a link to where the information is? I really love the Spartans shows over the years, and hadn't heard they were having any problems. When I do a search for Spartans, all that I can find is this thread here.

Edited by gottalovit