Anyone know the real answer...

I guess what I should have said was --- I just talked to the DCI office and it was because of construction going on in the front stands.

And I ask again...So, why wouldn't Dan say this when I asked him? Why say something completely different?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doubt that...in the marketplace (right outside the stadium) we couldn't hear a thing...unfortunately. my thinking is this way there isn't a huge empty upper deck, plus with the "smaller" stands it might give a more "intimate" feel to the show
Back when DCI played in Legion Field in Birmingham, the corps played to the smaller side of the stadium so that the sound wouldn't get trapped under the upper deck.

Heh, heh, the college students??? Most of whom are away anyway???

But the retired professors who live just west of that student housing are still there. My understanding is that they were at the heart of the complaints - the permanent party, the "townies."

But the retired professors who live just west of that student housing are still there. My understanding is that they were at the heart of the complaints - the permanent party, the "townies."

I would believe that. Also, I did notice as I walked back towards downtown that you could hear the shows from several blocks east of the stadium in an area that is almost exclusively students. Also, I think that the sound was faint enough that it wouldn't have been heard inside most of the apartments there with the buffer of the Shell and the grassy knoll where the colorguards warm up in between the neighborhoods and the stadium.

he may have wanted to, but he was busy working!!! we noticed this and assume there must have been something really wrong going on....seriously, when was the last time Dan worked at a show??

Dan is extremely hands on and will pitch in to do anything if he sees something needs to be done. I've always suspected he wants others to feel he is not untouchable or on a higher plane than they are. After Pasadena Finals were over, I saw Dan in the staff dining area after all the fans had left the stadium grounds, collecting folding chairs and carrying them to the chair holders. And then he started taking down tables. Hardly anyone was there to see him do it, which I'm sure didn't matter to him. He's just that kind of a person.

Dan is extremely hands on and will pitch in to do anything if he sees something needs to be done. .. And then he started taking down tables. Hardly anyone was there to see him do it, which I'm sure didn't matter to him. He's just that kind of a person.

Of course...he is a Madison Scout!! He is doing his good turn daily!

create peace,

Brent