The Cavaliers Show

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Samauri vs. Machines for next year's show, hm?

Mechanized Samurai: Music from the yet-to-be released video game of the same name.

Last year's show was probably the worst one the Cavaliers have ever done.

I'm sure you never saw the 1978 show which even members will say is the worst the corps ever done. I actually liked last years' show. My wife, who isn't really into drum corps, is a Billy Joel fan and she loved it. Sorry you didn't like it, but some did.

Some guy named Sal Ferrera. He was their arranger and brass instructor from the early 50's to 1972.

1973 - Ray Baumgardt

1974-75 Bob Rada

1976-77 Cliff Colnot

I lost track after that.

Didn't Ray also arrange 1977? I know Jimmy Elvord was doing the hornline, so I figured Ray wrote the book. Either way, I liked the 1977 book. I believe Dallas Niermeyer did the 1979 book.

A lot of corps have better impact and high points than The Cadets do at this point.

The Cavies are great, but formulaic, as many have said, and as great as they are it seems people have caught on and are realizing we've seen this before.

It's wonderful, yet stale at the same time.

Well, I'm the one who said Cavies are formulaic - but to be precise, I said that I thought Cavies AND Cadets are formulaic this year. It seems both corps follow the established formula (for them). But, formulaic or not, it's still a show I could see winning this year, like so many others.

Didn't Ray also arrange 1977? I know Jimmy Elvord was doing the hornline, so I figured Ray wrote the book. Either way, I liked the 1977 book. I believe Dallas Niermeyer did the 1979 book.

Ray Baumgardt did the arrangement of "Ain't Necessarily So" in 1977. The rest was Colnot.

Ray Baumgardt did the arrangement of "Ain't Necessarily So" in 1977. The rest was Colnot.

Cliff Colnot? The guy who teaches at DePaul?

Yes.

I had no idea that guy had done drum corps. Great musician, great conductor. I think he also does film arranging. Great set of ears.