Scores as of 7/2/08

I cant argue with you there, Nick. I would love to- but cant. Yes. I think we do get carried away with the scores more than we should. The bottom line is that the kids marching in drum corps are getting some of life's lessons everyday and every night. One of the important lessons I learned in drum corps was how to accept losing. That, however is not to say that I like losing. Another one I learned is how to get along with people that I dont see eye to eye with at all times. You and I didnt always see eye to eye, but I still think you are a fine musician, an awesome writer, and a terrific friend.

D

Back to the thread. This race is going to be close. Maybe not at the top- but making finals will be a tough ticket. Hope people actually go to open finals this yr. It will be good.

Awwww....that's why I love my big D. Can't wait to see you in Atlanta....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I don't see BDB or SCVC's scores holding up against Teal or Surf.

Though I also feel that SCVC should be ahead of BDB.

Don't get upset when I say this, but the West Coast scores are typically a little inflated in comparison to the Midwest and East Coast. It usually translates in a score plateau around late July. I think Surf will be at the top of the competition, but it's hard to say. Good luck to everyone.

Don't get upset when I say this, but the West Coast scores are typically a little inflated in comparison to the Midwest and East Coast. It usually translates in a score plateau around late July. I think Surf will be at the top of the competition, but it's hard to say. Good luck to everyone.

Looking at the Open Class corps schedules today, it's interesting (to me at least) that BDB, SCVC and Surf don't have another DCI show until July 19th, while Teal has shows straight through.

Looking at the Open Class corps schedules today, it's interesting (to me at least) that BDB, SCVC and Surf don't have another DCI show until July 19th, while Teal has shows straight through.

Good news for Teal I suppose, they'll get much more work in with the constructive criticism from being judged straight through.

I agree that west cost is definetly inflated right now, what with really all the corps out west doing so well. It just seems a bit unlikely. We will have to see how much higher the inflation is though, thats what can be interesting. And for those of you who havent seen surf yet, they will be on top of the competition

Velvet Knights are doing a great job. Last night in Vista they got 67.5!!!!!! 2COOLVK!!!!

:laughing: