Hey Govie guys

I've been on a bocce league for a few years now in Martinez CA. and played a team tonight that we've played before. They're always fun to play and somehow drum corps came up and one of their members just lit up and started telling stories of a bar named Patrick's well anyway his name is Jake, his families last name is Maxfield. Well anyways he's a great guy and never for a minute doubted his affiliation with The Govies. What a small world. Trav

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on a bocce league for a few years now in Martinez CA. and played a team tonight that we've played before. They're always fun to play and somehow drum corps came up and one of their members just lit up and started telling stories of a bar named Patrick's well anyway his name is Jake, his families last name is Maxfield. Well anyways he's a great guy and never for a minute doubted his affiliation with The Govies. What a small world. Trav

Patrick's is as close to a Drum Corps museum you can find in Minnesota!

I have personal experience with this establishment and I have even been in it sober. Many local Drum Corps stories are rattling around in those 4 walls.

Can you believe, that St Peter, Minnesota had 3 Corps at one time. A Senior Corps, a Junior Corps and of course the feeder Corps. All in a small Midwestern farming community....bravo for the tradition !

Patrick's I have even been in it sober.

Dik B.

Good to see you are still kicking, are you going to make the trip to the Govie's show on Aug. 16th. Gustavus has a brand new football stadium that is going to be a great site for a show. Big happening at Patrick's after the show.

Edited by stuh

Dik B.

Good to see you are still kicking, are you going to make the trip to the Govie's show on Aug. 16th. Gustavus has a brand new football stadium that is going to be a great site for a show. Big happening at Patrick's after the show.

I will be judging the two DCA shows in the Atlanta area on the 16th and 17th, However you will have Katie doing the two Wisconsin DCA shows.

See, you can't get rid of us just yet.......I wish all the Minnesota Corps a competitive and enjoyable season.

Dik ( the only contrabass player from Minnesota living in Florida )

I had the pleasure of visiting Patrick's a couple of years ago as a guest of the Govie Goddess herself. I was amazed- it's like a [much better] Ruby Tuesday's full of drum corps schlock! I loved it. The contra on the peak of the roof is the ultimate topper!

I dunno Dik, last I knew Doug Dennison was still in Florida. Maybe you could say, Oldest contrabass from Minnesota.

You don't have a phone, email and or address for him ???

He might have some fun with us here. We do have the talent.

Dik

Hey! I just built a Bocce court! AND I live 5 min from martinez!

I wanna play!

Yes, in the Govenaires, we have found that drum corps and bocce ball go well together. We would love to challenge any other corps to a game. We always have a set on our corps truck.

Patrick's rock (of course I'm prejudice since I live across the street from there.