Cadets explain the 2008 narration

when you have to explain your show by using anything but the music involved in the show, you have a design problem.

Drum corps fans aren't stupid. Stubborn? Judgmental? yes, but not stupid...

But don't you have Phantom in your signature? They are using something other than music in their show. Do they have a design problem?

Ftr, I really like Phantom's show. I am just pointing out the irony here.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But don't you have Phantom in your signature? They are using something other than music in their show. Do they have a design problem?

Ftr, I really like Phantom's show. I am just pointing out the irony here.

I have Crown and Bluecoats in my sig also...Does PR yelling "I AM SPARTACUS" cover up their wonderful horn line? Pr's total vocalization is about 3 seconds...Cadets just recently trimmed their vocalization down to 3 pages...bit of a difference...

Also, is PR's vocalization mic'd? I don't have a problem with Bloo's singing during "The Boxer", either...

In PR's and Bloo's cases, the narrations enhance the show...in the Cadets case, the show enhances the narration...

I have Crown and Bluecoats in my sig also...Does PR yelling "I AM SPARTACUS" cover up their wonderful horn line? Pr's total vocalization is about 3 seconds...Cadets just recently trimmed their vocalization down to 3 pages...bit of a difference...

Also, is PR's vocalization mic'd? I don't have a problem with Bloo's singing during "The Boxer", either...

In PR's and Bloo's cases, the narrations enhance the show...in the Cadets case, the show enhances the narration...

You entirely ignored the question. Either its an issue of principle, or its not. According to you, phantom failed in their show design because they used something other than music to tell their story. I personally think they're doing just fine, but I'm sorry their show is a failure to you.

:thumbup:

2005 Cadets had a strong positive reaction of at least 80%; the show worked, you reached maybe the entire unbiased 60%.

2006 Cadets had a positive reaction from about 60%; you swayed more than you lost, some had issues with parts of the show other than amplified voice.

2007 Cadets had a positive reaction from about 70%; your outstanding music and visual won over some who still didn't love the narration.

2008 Cadets had a positive reaction from about 25%; this show is not reaching hardly any of the unbiased 60%.

You are looking at 2005-2007 from the perspective of the finished product.

I can assure you that in 2005 at the beginning of the season nowhere near 80% gave a positive reaction.

You are looking at 2005-2007 from the perspective of the finished product.

I can assure you that in 2005 at the beginning of the season nowhere near 80% gave a positive reaction.

Meh...what are the odds of the 2008 corps gaining acceptance on the basis of being that incredible though. I somehow doubt this years corps is going to take all captions at finals with a record score (and if it somehow did, im guessing the reaction would still not be as 'positive' :thumbup: as it was in 05)

Meh...what are the odds of the 2008 corps gaining acceptance on the basis of being that incredible though. I somehow doubt this years corps is going to take all captions at finals with a record score (and if it somehow did, im guessing the reaction would still not be as 'positive' :thumbup: as it was in 05)

Depends on the members of the corps. They are improving drastically from what the scores say and are CLOSER to the Cavaliers than we were in 05 at this point (Albeit at different shows both years)

Depends on the members of the corps. They are improving drastically from what the scores say and are CLOSER to the Cavaliers than we were in 05 at this point (Albeit at different shows both years)

IIRC, the cadets were down by over 3 points, but jumped about 4 points in one night, and wound up less that a point away at orlando. From there on out it was a tight race (this was all in june...)

IIRC, the cadets were down by over 3 points, but jumped about 4 points in one night, and wound up less that a point away at orlando. From there on out it was a tight race (this was all in june...)

We were down by well over a point (closer to 3 points) for 4 of the 5 June contests and were within .8ish at the last June contest. "From there on out" didn't happen until the end of July.

This year they only have faced each other twice and the Cadets were within 2 points at the last meeting.

I'm not saying the Cadets are going to win this year. I'm saying that dismissing them as a threat for the title when they haven't faced off against any of the other top corps in a while and weren't that far down when they did is foolish.

We were down by well over a point (closer to 3 points) for 4 of the 5 June contests and were within .8ish at the last June contest. "From there on out" didn't happen until the end of July.

This year they only have faced each other twice and the Cadets were within 2 points at the last meeting.

I'm not saying the Cadets are going to win this year. I'm saying that dismissing them as a threat for the title when they haven't faced off against any of the other top corps in a while and weren't that far down when they did is foolish.

Oh...i can agree with that. Then again, they could just as easily pull and 06, and after havent not seen anybody for 2 weeks, come out on the bottom. I'll still never forget that Georgia show (maybe the same one happening tonight??) were they jumped 4 points, even with that terrible early trumpet in the opener... :thumbup:

:tongue:

edit - yeah...i should have put the 'this was in june' before the other stuff. My bad

Edited by salad315