Cadets explain the 2008 narration

Not sure what my posting frequency has to do with anything, but I just thought your comment was kind of ironic. and yea, i stayed home from work today, not specifically to insult you, but hey, if you're gonna set 'em up, I might as well knock 'em down. :tongue:

Makes sense to me - I guess :sad:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm stupid.

/sarcasm

I asked because it sure seemed like you weren't. There's no shame in that; after all, if you're stuck on the idea that skewerz was saying that any and all elements in a show that aren't music constitute a design flaw, when he said nothing of the sort, and if you're still stuck on the idea that a one-second shout and an on-going narration serve anything like the same purpose in their respective shows, then it would be entirely understandable that you might not be totally familiar with the concept of metaphor.

Nothing wrong with that.

You can't accuse me of spin, then spin some yourself and call it a metaphor as if that makes it ok.

I can, though, because what you did wasn't a metaphor, and what I did wasn't spin.

You equated the Cadets' narration with PR's yelling "I Am Spartacus"; when that was questioned, you asked how they were different. The metaphor was a way of explaining the difference in intent and execution, without being pedantic.

I have no idea why you wish to keep digging yourself into this hole, but I'm a weird guy, and am willing to indulge you. Would you like me to quote you back and forth as your argument changes from "Either both are unacceptable, or not" to "I never equated them", or shall we just move on as if I did that, and both be more interesting besides.

Or, I could just be gentlemanly, play by the rules you seem to want to use, and ask "Where did I ever actually use the word "spin?"

I did not answer the questions because they seem rhetorical. We all know the answers. I have not once said the use of voice in both shows is equal, of the same design mindset, or anything even close to being the same. If you can find where I have, I would like to see it.
Either an element other than music/visual in the show equals poor design or not. You said it, chief. Own it.

I did not answer the questions because they seem rhetorical. We all know the answers. I have not once said the use of voice in both shows is equal, of the same design mindset, or anything even close to being the same. If you can find where I have, I would like to see it.

*sigh* Just can't answer a simple question, can you?

Mike, Bawker... thanks for answering.

Anyone else?

I quoted his own words. I did not create my own idea there where you are quoting. Nice try though. Hope it didn't take you long.

*sigh* Just can't answer a simple question, can you?

Mike, Bawker... thanks for answering.

Anyone else?

Oh goodness. Take out Cadets narration and they would have to do some fixing to make the show stand on its own, although it would not take much. Phantom's could easily stand on its own with the talking. There. Happy?

I quoted his own words. I did not create my own idea there where you are quoting. Nice try though. Hope it didn't take you long.

Yeah, you did. As has been shown, over and over again.

It took about seven seconds or so.

This is one of the silliest arguments I've not been a part of! :sad:

I know. Isn't it awesome? :tongue:

I asked because it sure seemed like you weren't. There's no shame in that; after all, if you're stuck on the idea that skewerz was saying that any and all elements in a show that aren't music constitute a design flaw, when he said nothing of the sort, and if you're still stuck on the idea that a one-second shout and an on-going narration serve anything like the same purpose in their respective shows, then it would be entirely understandable that you might not be totally familiar with the concept of metaphor.

Nothing wrong with that.

Are you meaning to come across as condescending as you are?

I can, though, because what you did wasn't a metaphor, and what I did wasn't spin.

You equated the Cadets' narration with PR's yelling "I Am Spartacus"; when that was questioned, you asked how they were different. The metaphor was a way of explaining the difference in intent and execution, without being pedantic.

I did not say what I did was metaphor. I also did not equate the two uses of voice, other than to say they are opposite extremes of usage (which I've said in so many words at least a couple of times in this thread alone). Using someone's own words (skewerz) and calling them to task is something very different from equating the two myself.