Fan, family, or former?

Fan since '72. One of our sons marched with Magic '98-'99, then Cavaliers '00-'02. Still following the activity, even now that we are here in the UK. Thank you DCI for the full-show on demand video. The live feeds are really late (early) here.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan since the 80's.

First exposure was videos of Phantom Regiment, when my band director ripped off the drumline solo, drill and all(1982-Spartacus, coincidentally).

Started my oldest on Trombone, he wanted a sax..."no way no how, there's no saxes in drum corps!" I said. Took him to his first drum corps show at 12. He started marching at 14, Esperanza 2 years, then SCV 2 years, and now at 18, with 4 years left, he's not marching, so I'm back to fan. I'm still hoping he'll go back, if he doesn't, I may never forgive him!

Fan and friend right now. Just aged-out last year after marching since 2000 with The Cadets.

I just got to see them at Milton...it's so weird sitting in the stands now after not having sat through a drum corps show live since 1999. What do real people do with their summers? I'm kinda lost...

Michael Terry

Cadets baritone 2000-2007

Former member of the Spirit of Sunnyvale Marching Youth Band from 1986 to 1992. We competed in judged exhibition against drum corps and competed directly against other youth bands at DCI-West shows and in our own west coast youth band circuit, when there was an active west coast youth band circuit.

Auditioned for 1992 SCV and made the corps, but left to go back to Spirit of Sunnyvale to finish off their 1992 season. Just a personal decision that I had to make, as Spirit of Sunnyvale was more my fit. Do I look back on that decision in regret? Not really, as I got to live out my dream of playing in the SCV hornline, even if it was for a brief amount of time, playing Tradition and Sabbath Prayer from the 1992 show and Send in the Clowns too. That was priceless.

Now, I'm just a fan.

My two year-old son has a great love for drum corps (he calls it "woo-woo and drums") already and loves listening in my car and watching videos as much as possible. I've taken him to a few outdoor SCV rehearsals, and will be taking him to his first show at the Gilroy, CA show. He enjoys playing on my trumpet and he uses my one-valve bugle also. So, I might just fall into the family category one day, anything is possible!

Edited by helmsm

Lovin' drum corps since 1982! And it's still fun to go to finals!

... you just feel free to go ahead an kiss my ### anytime wiseguy ... :w00t:
Now thats funny !!!!! :w00t: