Fan, family, or former?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan and Family:

Our daughter marched her first three years (2002, 2003, 2004) on soprano and her 4th year (2005) on baritone in Mandarins. She then moved over to SCV A Corps on baritone in 2006, and her last two years are with Blue Devils (2007, 2008) on baritone.

I was hooked from the first rehearsal I ever saw, and think I'm going to have more withdrawals than she will after she ages out in August. It's been a great ride, and I'd love to stay involved in the future, perhaps as a volunteer with any of the corps. Drum corps is THE best activity there is!

Fan and Family:

Our daughter marched her first three years (2002, 2003, 2004) on soprano and her 4th year (2005) on baritone in Mandarins. She then moved over to SCV A Corps on baritone in 2006, and her last two years are with Blue Devils (2007, 2008) on baritone.

I was hooked from the first rehearsal I ever saw, and think I'm going to have more withdrawals than she will after she ages out in August. It's been a great ride, and I'd love to stay involved in the future, perhaps as a volunteer with any of the corps. Drum corps is THE best activity there is!

Fan and proud mom. My son currently plays baritone with the Blue Devils also. We agree that drum corps is a great activity. I'm becoming addicted to these websites, yikes! :tongue:

fan, member of blue stars in 05\06, interned there in 07

Mom and definite fan. Niether my husband nor I were ever involved in musical activities. We were more athletes. My son is a fourth year and my 15 year old daughter just gave up the trombone :w00t: to pursue soccer. But if you ask me, it takes a strong athletic ability to perform in drum corps.

Member, see below, but now a fan. I love what DCP has done for Drum Corps. Go Blue Stars!

The End Crowns the Work

Fan

Member (VK)

Fan

Volunteer (VK)

Instructor (VK)

Fan

Board member (Impulse)

All-age corps founder, director and percussion caption (SoCal Dream)

Fan (and occasional Renegade)

Alumni coordinator (VK)

My daughter did one corps gig on National Squad with All-age corps, though she was a pit member with her HS band

My niece and nephew were charter members of Impulse; my niece aged-out with Spirit 07

Garry in Vegas