Did Blue Knights set a record tonite ?

The Blue Knights went up from a 71.800 in their last show to a 79.050 last night , which is more than 7.2 point increase in their very next show.

I'm trying to think of a Corps before in July or August having more than a 7 point score increase from one show to the very next one, and I don't think it has ever happened in Div.1.

Can anybody else think of another time in July or August where a Corps score jumped over 7 points from one show to the next ?

Or is this a new DCI record for the Blue Knights ?

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be interesting to find out. But, I was not supprised at this jump because BK usually starts low and starts gaining speed towards mid July

The Blue Knights went up from a 71.800 in their last show to a 79.050 last night , which is more than 7.2 point increase in their very next show.

I'm trying to think of a Corps before in July or August having more than a 7 point score increase from one show to the very next one, and I don't think it has ever happened in Div.1.

Can anybody else think of another time in July or August where a Corps score jumped over 7 points from one show to the next ?

Or is this a new DCI record for the Blue Knights ?

I doubt that it is a record since some crazy things have gone down over the year in DCI, but I do know that in another thread I got laughed a when I said that BK would come out with a score in the high 70's at this show. People said "no way they jump 5 points between shows"..... turns out they jumped over seven!

Wasn't this "jump" because of 10 days off from competitions? Sounds like our old Blue Knights tour dates when we use to have 2 weeks in between west coast tour and Nationals tour, usually beginning with DATR.

That would be interesting to find out. But, I was not supprised at this jump because BK usually starts low and starts gaining speed towards mid July

This was amazing. We've had Corps stuck on a number for 3 -5 shows, and others have actually gone down.

The Blue Knights did have 8 straight days off. They got almost a point gained for each day off from competition from one show to the next and 4 weeks before Finals.

Maybe next year more Corps should consider taking 8 days off, 4 weeks before Finals, and just practice, practice, practice.

That might be a great model to follow instead of doing show after show and yet barely moving up in scores with the judges imput in each show.

Just a thought anyway.

In the meantime, congrats to the Blue Knights. They have just taken the biggest jump in ranking of ANY Corps this season.... and by far.

And quite possibly, the biggest jump in score in July or August from one show to the next in DCI History.

Edited by BRASSO

Blue Knights 7/30/86 Dayton, OH...........52.8

Blue Knights 8/2/86 Allentown, PA .........64.3

11.5 increase (there was only prelims at Allentown that year btw)

Blue Knights 7/8/88 Sacramento, CA ......56.3

Blue Knights 7/9/88 Santa Clara, CA .....63.6

7.3 increase

Just to be "that" guy I suppose :thumbup:

Edit: added '86

Edited by traveller30

In 2001 we (Blue Stars) jumped 11 points in the span of two days, going from a 39.something in Ohio to breaking 50 in Minnesota the next night, and I doubt that's a record either. I'd say there are probably more dramatic shifts in the tick system days.

7/3/87 Vancouver, WA..........62.6

7/4/87 Kelso, WA.................66.7

7/5/87 Salem, OR................66.0

7/11/87 Sacramento, CA......59.4

7/12/87 Santa Clara, CA......57.9

Oops, that was going the wrong way :thumbup:

Blue Knights 7/8/88 Sacramento, CA ......56.3

Blue Knights 7/9/88 Santa Clara, CA .....63.6

7.3 increase

Just to be "that" guy I suppose :thumbup:

That's a big jump too. It's from a lower starting threshold ( in the mid 50"s) so that has to be taken into account too. But you are right. What

BK did in Utah last night, while incredible and amazing in terms of point improvement from one show to the next, is apparently not technically a DCI record.

Edited by BRASSO