The Music City

Last year I was in California attending BNOC for Transportation and this year I'm passing through the Nashville en route to Ft. Benning with the Band. thinking about you guys, "Music City Legend".

I wouldn't be able to get to a show even if there was one in the area as I'll be playing for various events on post. At least I'll be playing music this annual training. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

We'll be on the way back to Kansas by Friday spending the 2nd week performing at various venues and do Army stuff like the Annual PT Test. I'll make sure they have a defibulator on hand for the 2 mile run.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was in California attending BNOC for Transportation and this year I'm passing through the Nashville en route to Ft. Benning with the Band. thinking about you guys, "Music City Legend".

I wouldn't be able to get to a show even if there was one in the area as I'll be playing for various events on post. At least I'll be playing music this annual training. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

We'll be on the way back to Kansas by Friday spending the 2nd week performing at various venues and do Army stuff like the Annual PT Test. I'll make sure they have a defibulator on hand for the 2 mile run.

Well Kansan, sorry you won't be able to meet up with the corps.

Music City Legend holds most of its rehearsals on the campus of Cumberland University in Lebanon, Tennessee. The site is easily accessible from exit #238 of I-40 at US route 231, about 20 miles east of Nashville. The corps' next rehearsal is Saturday, 19-Jul.

Our website is regularly updated with rehearsal and performance dates at http://www.musiccitylegend.org and we hope you will someday get the chance to stop by.

Best regards and safe travels!

Benning is my old stomping grounds. The duty isn't too bad. Tons of regular graduations and such. The home of the infantry, and most army schools. AirBorne, Rangers, OSUT (infantry basic + ait), BNOC, ANOC, School of the Americas. And being the 2nd largest base there's lots of changes of commands and unit deactivations / activations. Plus various Troop Arrivals and Departures at Lawson Airfield. While Ft. Benning is not the largest Army Base, Ft. Hood has two bands, where Benning only has one. Nothing you shouldn't be used to, just more of it. So much so that there's actually a staff position outside of the band specifically for bookings, granted that most that is still done by the band regardless(700+ gigs a year). Safe Travels.

Well Kansan, sorry you won't be able to meet up with the corps.

Music City Legend holds most of its rehearsals on the campus of Cumberland University in Lebanon, Tennessee. The site is easily accessible from exit #238 of I-40 at US route 231, about 20 miles east of Nashville. The corps' next rehearsal is Saturday, 19-Jul.

Our website is regularly updated with rehearsal and performance dates at http://www.musiccitylegend.org and we hope you will someday get the chance to stop by.

Best regards and safe travels!

Thanks,

Regards,

Good luck with the rest of your seasson.

Benning is my old stomping grounds. The duty isn't too bad. Tons of regular graduations and such. The home of the infantry, and most army schools. AirBorne, Rangers, OSUT (infantry basic + ait), BNOC, ANOC, School of the Americas. And being the 2nd largest base there's lots of changes of commands and unit deactivations / activations. Plus various Troop Arrivals and Departures at Lawson Airfield. While Ft. Benning is not the largest Army Base, Ft. Hood has two bands, where Benning only has one. Nothing you shouldn't be used to, just more of it. So much so that there's actually a staff position outside of the band specifically for bookings, granted that most that is still done by the band regardless(700+ gigs a year). Safe Travels.

I'm not really used to the Band gig yet. The last time I marched anything was 1989 in College.

Hey, were you at Denton?

See you next year.

I'm not really used to the Band gig yet. The last time I marched anything was 1989 in College.

Hey, were you at Denton?

See you next year.

Yes I was at Denton. I handed out some CDs of the Texas Drum Corps Preview. Probably not to you though. Just one per group. If I knew the corps director, they got it. Otherwise I got it to whomever appeared to be the oldest member/roadie. Baring that the drum major got it.

What do you mean you haven't marched since college? That's about all I did in the Army. March on, play 15 minutes, stand at attention for 2.5 hours, play 5 minutes while marching off. Several times a day, six days a week, 48 weeks a year. Plus all of the regular army stuff. Bi-Annual PT test. Annual Rifle Qualifications (even though that's the only time you saw one outside of basic). Plus all of the mandatory fun days, and battalion 4 mile runs and such. I miss getting paid to play, but not that much.

If you are going to be in Nashville for a evening.Check out BB Kings house of blues down on 2nd Ave.They usually have a house band that rocks!

Your right Camel Lips, I'm going in to Nashville and staying untill Wednesday, lots of good music in Nashville. This trip I get to see DRum Corps too, really looking forward to my first DCAsouth show.

I hope to put alot of faces with names and sign up a few more for I&E.

I have nothing to do with the Nshville Chamber of Commerce but if you can hang there a few days there is fun to be had. (well worth it)

Edited by Rap48

Dick Pronti loose in Nashville... that's dangerous... Bunny... you get hold of Dick and keep him out of trouble... we're the same age. So that means he's really old and decrepit...