Ye Olde Orlando Malt Shoppe

you should spend more time in school to help with your logic...

at least you fixed your caps lock halfway through your post.

Fixed??

Are you serious?

Everyone knows that CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!!!!!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why HATE any of these corps? I have some favorites that I root for simply because I LIKE the style. It has nothing to do with liking some director or hating somebody who uses a gimmick that I don't like. Plenty of stuff has come and gone that was tried and failed. Some I liked, some I thought was stupid. Guess what, thats what has to happen to find what works and continue to evolve. I LOVE this activity and hope it thrives. That means we need to support all the corps which represent hundreds of thousands of hours, volunteers, and dollars spent to educate these kids and etertain the crowds.

I'm with you on that one.

Volunteer for a corps - any corps - or spend a day watching them rehearse. I guarantee it will change your outlook towards the people behind the uniforms and the corps names. Every single one of these corps are made up of fine young people who are hoping to have a great summer with their friends and who have challenged themselves to work *hard* to perfect their performance and their craft in the hopes that they can put their best performance on the field and that, hopefully, the audience will enjoy and be able to appreciate the fruits of their labor. You can't help but come away from a day spent with a corps with a smile on your face and a better outlook on life.

Just got home from the show in Orlando. What a great show. Much to love from pretty much every corps there.

Congrats to Crown. Not just for beating my Cadets, but for being an outstanding corps and performing a great show. (beating Cadets was just icing on the cake). It has been fun to watch this corps grow and develop over the years. A class act since their start. Now another power in on the east coast?

Wouldn't it be cool to hear people yelling EAST! at a stadium again? Or in this case maybe they'll yell SOUTH!

WELL IF YOU REALLY WANNA BE HONEST....

THE CADETS SHOW LACKS DEPTH OF EMOTION....

CAROLINA CROWN'S SHOW HAS ALL THE ELEMENTS TO CAUSE ALL THE CROWN HATERS JUMP OFF A BUILDING IN AUGUST....

The parallels between crown an star are undeniable.....

star of indiana 1989-90 6thplace-3rd place

carolina crown 2007-08 6th place- ?????????

Madison Scouts 1999-2000 6th place. 10th place.

Spirit of Atlanta 1986-1987 6th place. 10th place.

Not predicting. Just saying.

Although I completely see the flawed logic here, as there is basically no evidence to support the claim, I do see some striking similarities between Star and Crown. Star burst onto the scene in 1985 in 10th place and followed it up with 8th, 7th, 7th, and 6th in the following years before their 3rd place finish in 1990. Crown had been up in the 10th-12th range (with the exception of 2002) for the late 1990s and early 2000s, and have recently jumped up to consistent 6th-8th place finishes. While it may have taken Crown nearly a decade longer to get to the point Star got to in 1990, I believe Crown has an excellent shot to get to that point and possibly take 3rd this year. I believe the difference between this situation and a situation like Madison '99-'00 and Spirit '86-'87 is the fact that both Star and Crown were relatively new had no prior major successes (no top 5 finish) before this point. I don't think there is any question that this could be the jumpstart year that Crown needs to be a major powerhouse like Star became from 1990 until they folded, but at the same time it is completely possible that the similarities between the two that have occurred so far will begin to diminish. After all, who sees Crown folding anytime soon? (God forbid that happens!)