Ye Olde Orlando Malt Shoppe

Here's my take on the show...

Teal Sound....sorry didn't get to see them, got stuck in the tunnel leading up to my seats

Crossmen....love the uniforms and the music, but the show just didn't feel right.

Blue Stars....one of my favorites of the night, so much better than what I saw at their ensemble rehearsal from the morning. Killer pit btw.

Glassmen....LOVED this show, definately NOT a "boring" show.

Spirit....what happened to Spirit's identity? This show made absolutely no sense to me or ANYONE in my surrounding area.

Boston.....cool drill moves, weak high brass, smoke and mirrors throughout the show....great visually though, lots of potential in this show, but please, tone down the bling bling on the uniforms.

Bluecoats....weak hornline on the move, but AMAZING standing still, especially the big block they form half way thru the show. Guard boxers got a little old after a while, felt bad for the knockedout guy at the end of show, cause he was laying face down on that P.O.S. field, narration was super annoying, comes out of nowhere unlike Cadets, cause you know where there's gonna be narration in their show.

Crown....sick hornline, non-impressive drumline, really cool guard uniforms. Only thing this show was missing was a wedge formation with a leg kick....oops...you mean I wasn't watching phantom? Also, it's easy to get a standing ovation before the show is over, all you have to do is play a long loud chord at the end, simple, not impressive.

Cadets....I love this show, can't wait to see the new ending though....I was one of the few people cheering at the end. Best percussion book of the night by far. Not a big fan of the narration, but by far the best sound quality of the night

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on the show...

Teal Sound....sorry didn't get to see them, got stuck in the tunnel leading up to my seats

Crossmen....love the uniforms and the music, but the show just didn't feel right.

Blue Stars....one of my favorites of the night, so much better than what I saw at their ensemble rehearsal from the morning. Killer pit btw.

Glassmen....LOVED this show, definately NOT a "boring" show.

Spirit....what happened to Spirit's identity? This show made absolutely no sense to me or ANYONE in my surrounding area.

Boston.....cool drill moves, weak high brass, smoke and mirrors throughout the show....great visually though, lots of potential in this show, but please, tone down the bling bling on the uniforms.

Bluecoats....weak hornline on the move, but AMAZING standing still, especially the big block they form half way thru the show. Guard boxers got a little old after a while, felt bad for the knockedout guy at the end of show, cause he was laying face down on that P.O.S. field, narration was super annoying, comes out of nowhere unlike Cadets, cause you know where there's gonna be narration in their show.

Crown....sick hornline, non-impressive drumline, really cool guard uniforms. Only thing this show was missing was a wedge formation with a leg kick....oops...you mean I wasn't watching phantom? Also, it's easy to get a standing ovation before the show is over, all you have to do is play a long loud chord at the end, simple, not impressive.

Cadets....I love this show, can't wait to see the new ending though....I was one of the few people cheering at the end. Best percussion book of the night by far. Not a big fan of the narration, but by far the best sound quality of the night

You couldn't say anything about Spirit other than you didn't get their show? Were you paying attention? What about their hornline, drumline, guard, or music?....c'mon dude....may not be the best show idea but it's not hard to "figure" out the number 4 all through the show on the outer edges and inner workings of their drill. Four colors and four guard members?....c'mannnn.....

Edited by jsualumnus

People knew that Crown's show was ending, that's why they gave them the standing ovation before it was over. You knew when the Cadets show was ending, most people in the stands did not.

Crown lets people know their show is ending with their hornline, percussion, color guard, and drill.

Cadets lets people know their show is ending with their pit cart.

People knew that Crown's show was ending, that's why they gave them the standing ovation before it was over. You knew when the Cadets show was ending, most people in the stands did not.

Crown lets people know their show is ending with their hornline, percussion, color guard, and drill.

Sorry that you're full of wrong information buddy.

But I did NOT know the ending of Cadets show, I only got to see them rehearse the opener and a few other chunks.

Please don't make assumptions.

Great way to start the day - by watching the on demand videos from last night! Haven't gotten through all of them - but started of course with the Blue Stars! Loved all the changes they've made with the visual package -- looking good! Especially liked the changes with the drum break near the end... and someone pointed out a "live strong" yell at about 4.09.... cool!

i knew the show was over when i looked at my friend and said CROWN just beat the cadets.

But I did NOT know the ending of Cadets show, I only got to see them rehearse the opener and a few other chunks.

just finished watching the shows on FN.

Congrats to Crown, I love their show. They have a ton of noted in their brass book. Nice visual just seems to fit an still room to grow and clean.

I was also impressed with BAC, some very clever visual effect in their show.

Of course I loved Blue Stars but have to say that there were some ensemble issues. I hope with the next two rehearsal days they'll be able to make another jump in scores, like they did last weeks. And like somebody mentioned definitely not the time to get cozy yet. Glassmen are still breathing down their necks. And of course there's also BK next week.

Glassmen are very entertaining really like what they're doing

Can hardly wait to see next weeks broadcast from San Antonio. I'm sure it will be exciting throughout, so many corps fighting for positions. The race is on or as we say at Blue Stars, every second counts

My point is: it's hard to tell when the show ends. They had a good amount of people on their feet when they finally realized the show was over. With Crown it's pretty obvious it's the end of SOMETHING, even if it wasn't the end of the show.

C'mon man, you guys deserved the win you got because you were just that great last night, but let's not even go there with the Cadets.

My point is: it's hard to tell when the show ends. They had a good amount of people on their feet when they finally realized the show was over. With Crown it's pretty obvious it's the end of SOMETHING, even if it wasn't the end of the show.

This.

Crown's show was most obviously over when they got to the final chord. Everyone was standing up! The Cadets... not so much. Once people realized, they clapped, and many gave a standing ovation.

Also, Colts had an almost "false ending" with their show. Myself and others were standing in the entry-way, waiting to get to our seats. We thought the show had ended, then they started up again. The drum major even turned around and took a bow. We thought he even saluted... I guess not.