Lincoln, Nebraska Show

I thought it was interesting how all the corps did an encore performance.

I loved Regiment's encore: Biebl's Ave Maria (2006), Rhapsody(2005) and Elsa's. I had some friends from the seminary with me that have never been to a show so we moved to the front row near the ground. Talk about loud-they loved it! Overall, it was a nice, small show in a huge stadium!

By any chance do you remember what the others played? Just a repeat of the show, or something else?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought the only caption Phantom should have won was maybe drums. Everywhere else, it was obvious Blue Devils were worlds ahead of Phantom. I don't understand how Phantom even came close in brass, with several intonation issues. I would have had Blue Devils about 4 points up on Phantom last night.

Having now seen both Cavies and Blue Devils live, I think these 2 are definitely on a collision course to the championship. Without a question of a doubt the 2 best designed shows of the year.

By any chance do you remember what the others played? Just a repeat of the show, or something else?

Sorry I wasn't there for the others. Phantom Regiment played first and I left after them to meet up with some of my former students that are marching in Phantom.

Guest xsabers
Why are we talking about PR vs BD when Pioneer's score went DOWN after a week off? That's the real story here.

Although disappointing and rightfully so, I think that lack of direct competition (another corps within a couple of points) can affect scores one way or another. You will likely see Pacific Crest get an unusually high score at a late California show when they are the only World Class corps in competition. I look for Pioneer to bounce back and close the spread once the lineup increases with more corps in their general soring range.

Another question though; did Pioneer do their encore performance right after their show? I heard that they may have delayed Troop from entering the field.

Go PIONEER

Go TROOPERS

I really thought the only caption Phantom should have won was maybe drums. Everywhere else, it was obvious Blue Devils were worlds ahead of Phantom. I don't understand how Phantom even came close in brass, with several intonation issues. I would have had Blue Devils about 4 points up on Phantom last night.

Having now seen both Cavies and Blue Devils live, I think these 2 are definitely on a collision course to the championship. Without a question of a doubt the 2 best designed shows of the year.

obviously they AREN'T worlds ahead. otherwise the scores would have reflected that.

Why are we talking about PR vs BD when Pioneer's score went DOWN after a week off? That's the real story here.

Perhaps the reason for their "low" score after taking a week off was due to the fact, prior to their last show around the 4th of July, DCI was utilizing a partial judging panel. Starting with the show in Nebraska on July 14th, a full panel was used. Could that have something to do with it or am I incorrect here? Did you ever stop to think that perhaps their score was actually indicative of their performance, talent level and program? They are, from all accounts, attempting to compete with corps almost double their size. And by the way, like it or not, the REAL story here IS about the battle between the top corps.

Edited by morganhill

And by the way, like it or not, the REAL story here IS about the battle between the top corps.

They are all real stories. Some just get more discussion than others. I have no beef with that - let's talk about it all!