Thoughts from Dallas

Great review - your comments about Madison are bang in IMHO.

Bang? Meaning spot on...right on....fresh...tight....on point....on the money....epic....solid....without doubt....absolutely...killer....correct....all over it?

Simply put...if the Scouts want to make top 12...need to add color to the flags...shirts....ditch the blades...add some difficulty to the drum solos...hold the initial hold note at that start of the show 4 to 8 counts longer.

What is a "split roll"?

My dear Ryan, why do you ask questions to which the answer is still something neither you or I will understand? :ph34r:

Not sure if that's the correct term, but watch the beginning of BD '03 to see what I'm talking about. Specifically the part where two of the snares alternate strokes on a roll.

that is correct

Not sure if that's the correct term, but watch the beginning of BD '03 to see what I'm talking about. Specifically the part where two of the snares alternate strokes on a roll.

that part your talking about in BD's 03' show with the duet wasn't a split roll, although close. That was a split single...considerably harder than a split roll...however a split roll is just what it sounds like, a double stroke roll (usually) split between two or more players. right hand vs left, right hand vs right hand, left vs left...you get the picture lol