The Yearly BLUNT San Antonio Review!

NIGHT EDITION: (Afternoon Below)

Crossmen - Bluecoats: In the lot w/ SCV!

Cadets: Saw from the endzone... Hate the narration, but don't hate narration (follow?)... Corps is good, but just can't get past the vox...

Vanguard: They have some work to do, and they know it... Great drill, albeit dirty... Horns are good, drums are smokin' as always... We all know I'm biased, so I won't keep going...

Phantom Regiment: HOLY COW WHAT A SHOW!!! *SHOW* being the operative word here... They are great, drill and visual need some work, but seriously entertaining....

Blue Devils: Great, weird show... Hornline is on as always... I dig. Weird and fun... Almost...absurd!

Cavaliers: Good stuff, nice visual program, yawn of a musical program.... Clean, but meh.

Crown: BEST HORNLINE IN DCI, IMO... Drill and vis need help, but I LOVE THIS CORPS!

I think I almost totally agreed with placements again, and that's RARE!!!!!! More later...

AFTERNOON EDITION:

Just got back from the afternoon show... Here are some thoughts....

Revolution: IN DA LOT!

Academy: Was still in the lot......

Pioneer: Good ol' Pioneer.... Not much else to say... :-)

Mandarins: Pretty good, don't remember much...

Pacific Crest: Don't remember a whole lot... I remember some cool drill stuff, guard, etc... and they sounded ok... I liked the concept, but not too memorable...

Troopers: TROOPERS!!! They're good this year! :-) Bought a shirt... They're a fashion statement...

Madison: I like Madison, liked the unis, show concept? hmm... Guard unis look BAD from up high.... hmm

Crossmen: Got a sandwich...

Spirit: I agree, not digging the periphery theme... Oh well... They weren't bad, just didn't keep my attention... BUT, that could've just been the sandwich in front of me...

Glassmen: CARNIVAL! Hated the closer flags. Liked the idea of the show and some of the musical selections, but thought it coulda been a lil better.

Blue Stars: WOW! WHERE DID THEY COME FROM!? I watched the guard the entire time, so if the corps proper did anyhting cool, I missed it.

Colts: They sound good this year, a little raw, but good... I like the old school style, but man, they need to get with times as far as programming and guard style... I dunno, maybe it's just me...

Blue Knights: THEY ARE GROWING ON ME!!! I've liked their dark style more and more for the last few years... Neat!

I generally agree with the placements... In fact, I think I totally agree with the order... That's a first?

Edited by SCVsopAaron

ARGH!!!! WRONG FORUM!!! I'M DUMB... MODS, please move....

Edit: *GRACIAS!*

Edited by SCVsopAaron

hey he gave some thoughts and opinions, and i thank him for them

you gave like 4 actual comments in this entire thing, don't quit your day job. if you actually want to review a show maybe you should say something about it.

79 comments? WHAT?! HAHAHAHAhA!!!1 Merry Christmas! Get to know me and my threads before you flame me, n00b.

BAC??

I was in the lot......... Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy.....