How do they do it?

I was floored last night watching the multi camera view of SCV's show. Right towards the end where the Vanguard yell is, the guard's costumes magically transforms to these beautiful blue dresses. How in the world is that accomplished? I know that Myron is big on magic, is this his idea? That is one of coolest things I have ever seen. Bravo SCV! :thumbup:

I was floored last night watching the multi camera view of SCV's show. Right towards the end where the Vanguard yell is, the guard's costumes magically transforms to these beautiful blue dresses. How in the world is that accomplished? I know that Myron is big on magic, is this his idea? That is one of coolest things I have ever seen. Bravo SCV! :thumbup:

I do Believe Myron is on staff in consultng capacity this year, So i wouldn't be suprised if that was one of his ideas/creations.

I found it heart-warming that you describe it as "magical". After all, SCV has been pretty good at that. :thumbup:

It does take some coordination to pull a dress over your head and then "spin" it down your body.

I don't know that Myron has actually been with the corps. I haven't heard much about him, but I believe he's very ill. The dress idea probably came from Dave Meikle and his staff.

I found it heart-warming that you describe it as "magical". After all, SCV has been pretty good at that. :thumbup:

It does take some coordination to pull a dress over your head and then "spin" it down your body.

I don't know that Myron has actually been with the corps. I haven't heard much about him, but I believe he's very ill. The dress idea probably came from Dave Meikle and his staff.

That's what really gets me. You don't see the dress at all before it starts flowing down their bodies. And to top it off the is no hint of the costume underneath. It seems to be more than just covering it up. It seems to have disappeared altogether.

The idea is all from the minds/creativity of the SCV guard and design team.

The engineering and production comes from Dance Sophisticates, in partnership with Stanbury Uniforms.

The details? Hey, it's show biz, and we can't share all the secrets!

www.dancesoph.com

www.Stanbury.com

Patrick Seidling

Stanbury Uniforms - California

The idea is all from the minds/creativity of the SCV guard and design team.

The engineering and production comes from Dance Sophisticates, in partnership with Stanbury Uniforms.

The details? Hey, it's show biz, and we can't share all the secrets!

www.dancesoph.com

www.Stanbury.com

Patrick Seidling

Stanbury Uniforms - California

Well everyone deserves a great job well done on that idea/design. I can't wait to see it live!

My completely uneducated guess... the cowl-neck tops the guard wears in the 2nd tune are really the dress skirts attached at the shoulders. I haven't seen them live though. I was kinda bummed that they waited until Stanford to put unis on the guard.

My completely uneducated guess... the cowl-neck tops the guard wears in the 2nd tune are really the dress skirts attached at the shoulders. I haven't seen them live though. I was kinda bummed that they waited until Stanford to put unis on the guard.

I think that's gotta be it. When they first introduced the costumes, but didn't yet do the blue dress thing for the closer, I thought those flowery tops were really odd on the girls. They seemed to have way too much excess drapey fabric and made them all look rather......thick, especially in the abdomen region.

Not so flattering.

I was wondering why they had picked such a strange shape...until they revealed the dresses at the next big show.

It's a cool and clever effect, with a side benefit of everyone appearing to lose 30lbs in about 10 seconds...LOL

Don't be surprised if Jenny Craig tries to obtain patent rights to these.. :thumbup: