Battle for 12th Spot

After seeing the programs from yesterday, I'd have to say that the 12th spot at finals is going to either Crossmen or Madison. (I think Blue Stars and Glassmen are locked in IMHO)

Colts and Spirit simply don't have the programs/design this year to put them in on Saturday night.

Colts were clean early season which had them scoring well in June....But those more demanding and well designed programs are cleaning up and passing them.

Spirit - Aside from percussion - They are challenging with the semi-finalist corps in the captions.

What do you think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Crossmen will continue to spread from the others.

They have a great show and are performing it very well.

I personally believe that the Xmen have the strongest corps out of this group.

I'm thinking I agree with you - Crossmen do have a great show. Madison is gaining ground though...3 weeks ago people on DCP thought they might miss out on semis and look where they are now....

I think Crossmen will continue to spread from the others.

They have a great show and are performing it very well.

I personally believe that the Xmen have the strongest corps out of this group.

From my perspective, the Scouts will get the 12th spot....mainly because I think their drill is much more difficult...and that it is getting cleaner and cleaner. Horn strength is getting there as well...so no gassing out before the end of the show. Scouts drill is more innovative.

From my perspective, the Scouts will get the 12th spot....mainly because I think their drill is much more difficult...and that it is getting cleaner and cleaner. Horn strength is getting there as well...so no gassing out before the end of the show. Scouts drill is more innovative.

I don't agree that the scouts have more difficult drill.

Music maybe, but not drill.

The Xmen are flying all over the field.

It gets nuts at some points.

I think you're making a mistake not figuring the Colts in on this battle. They put in several significant changes

this past week that worked very well for them at SAT. They were one of 5 corps (out of 20) that raised their score more than 2 points from their last show. They were only .5 from Crossmen. I don't think they are done with the changes either...but I'm sure Crossmen, Scouts and Spirit aren't done either. It's going to be fun to watch and chances are WHO the judges are on Friday night in the semis will have as much to do with who gets the #12 spot as anything the corps do that night.

Edited by oldbandguy

To show how tight this was yesterday at SAT. The show had 11 judges, as will all of the big shows this year.

If you take Crossmen vs Colts it's 6 to 5 in favor of Crossmen

If you take Madison vs Colts it's again 6 to 5 in favor of Scouts

If you take Crossmen vs Madison it's, once again 6 to 5 in favor of Scouts

Throwing Spirit into the mix:

Spirit vs Colts it's 2 to 9 in favor of Colts

Spirit vs Crossmen it's 2 to 9 in favor of Crossmen

Spirit vs Scouts it's 3 to 8 in favor of Scouts

Again, it may very well depend on WHO is on the panel that night...of course that's also true for many other positions.

To show how tight this was yesterday at SAT. The show had 11 judges, as will all of the big shows this year.

If you take Crossmen vs Colts it's 6 to 5 in favor of Crossmen

If you take Madison vs Colts it's again 6 to 5 in favor of Scouts

If you take Crossmen vs Madison it's, once again 6 to 5 in favor of Scouts

Throwing Spirit into the mix:

Spirit vs Colts it's 2 to 9 in favor of Colts

Spirit vs Crossmen it's 2 to 9 in favor of Crossmen

Spirit vs Scouts it's 3 to 8 in favor of Scouts

Again, it may very well depend on WHO is on the panel that night...of course that's also true for many other positions.

My money is on Xmen.. I think Spirits visual program as well as guard will ( or should ) throw them out of the mix.

I think you're making a mistake not figuring the Colts in on this battle. They put in several significant changes

this past week that worked very well for them at SAT. They were one of 5 corps (out of 20) that raised their score more than 2 points from their last show. They were only .5 from Crossmen. I don't think they are done with the changes either...but I'm sure Crossmen, Scouts and Spirit aren't done either. It's going to be fun to watch and chances are WHO the judges are on Friday night in the semis will have as much to do with who gets the #12 spot as anything the corps do that night.

Sorry to disagree..but I did not see any advantages Colts have this year over Mad or Xmen...a lot of the score differences have to do with proper corps placement rather than any percieved moves by corps itself. I like the Colts a lot; but their show design is probably the most antiquated of all the open corps today (which I personally do not understand..especially after last year)...and they are still having performance problems with their book. They might actually drop a couple of placements between now and Worlds.