Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni in Chambersburg, PA

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chambersburg Drum Corps Spectacular is proud to have the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps performing in our show this year. Our town is eagerly awaiting the corps' performance, along with all of the other corps in the show.

For ticket and show information, go to Chambersburg Drum Corps Spectacular

Since this will be the first jaunt to Chambersburg for some of us in the alumni corps, how about some restaurant info - particularly steaks and Italian.

Gustatorialy yours,

Andy

Since this will be the first jaunt to Chambersburg for some of us in the alumni corps, how about some restaurant info - particularly steaks and Italian.

Gustatorialy yours,

Andy

No food or water for YOU!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Fran

No food or water for YOU!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Fran

Sorry Fran, but you're thinking of Clifton - two days without a meal. It was so bad that when I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts on my way back to the hotel after the show, the place was closed off with crime scene tape and the coroner's wagon was just leaving. Needless to say, no donuts!!

I'm not repeating that mistake.

I will say one thing about that Dunkin Donuts deal, though. That must have been a policemen's dream - a crime scene AND donuts!!!

Andy

Andy,

For those that want a good, quick lunch, I would highly recommend visiting one of the Franklin County McDonald's restaurants (especially since the owner has very generously fully sponsored the show for two years now).

We are opening up our gates at 6:00 pm for food sales at the stadium with a good variety of hot food items on the menu such as hamburgers, hotdogs, hot sausage sandwiches, etc. So come to the stadium early with your appetite.

As for some suggestions for steaks as you asked, I would recommend...

The Orchard's restaurant on Orchard Avenue

The Copper Kettle on US 30, Lincoln Way

The Cottage on Wayne Avenue

As for Italian, there a few good places nearby...

Marios Italian Restaurant on Wayne Ave

Pat & Carla's on US 30 and 6th Street (this is the turn off of US 30 for the stadium)

Caretti's on US 30 Licoln Way East - about 3 miles East of town on US 30.

These are just a few of the local places. Just do a search online to find lots of national chains as well. There are dozens of places to choose from within 10 minutes of the stadium.

Hope this helps,

Andy,

So Dan, does that mean that anyone who wants can go to the same restaurant as Andy Roo and it will be his treat????

I'm up for Lobster Fra Diavolo Andy.......maybe a little Veal Francaise........a good Bardolino and then the show.....doesn't get much better than that.........thanks Andy

J

For those that want a good, quick lunch, I would highly recommend visiting one of the Franklin County McDonald's restaurants (especially since the owner has very generously fully sponsored the show for two years now).

We are opening up our gates at 6:00 pm for food sales at the stadium with a good variety of hot food items on the menu such as hamburgers, hotdogs, hot sausage sandwiches, etc. So come to the stadium early with your appetite.

As for some suggestions for steaks as you asked, I would recommend...

The Orchard's restaurant on Orchard Avenue

The Copper Kettle on US 30, Lincoln Way

The Cottage on Wayne Avenue

As for Italian, there a few good places nearby...

Marios Italian Restaurant on Wayne Ave

Pat & Carla's on US 30 and 6th Street (this is the turn off of US 30 for the stadium)

Caretti's on US 30 Licoln Way East - about 3 miles East of town on US 30.

These are just a few of the local places. Just do a search online to find lots of national chains as well. There are dozens of places to choose from within 10 minutes of the stadium.

Hope this helps,

Great Dan. Works for me and my guests. I'm sure that many of the attendee's would love to partake of the AndyBoo vouchers.

Geez, thanks Andy.

Joe (the hungry one)

Jim,

That's very generous of you to make that offer on Andy's behalf. I'm sure he will appreciate it. Maybe we can set up a table at the ticket window for Andy-Vouchers redeemable at any local restaurant? :tongue:

See you at the show!

Great Dan. Works for me and my guests. I'm sure that many of the attendee's would love to partake of the AndyBoo vouchers.

Geez, thanks Andy.

Joe (the hungry one)

Jim,

I'll be happy to buy you dinner, but you can only imagine how rushed the entire weekend is going to be - what with rehearsals, etc.

How about if we simply meet up somewhere and I'll bring along a can of Vienna Sausage and a cigarette lighter. Will that be enough to hold you?

To be serious for a moment, I'd be delighted to buy you dinner - just so I could get the opportunity to know you better. The rest of these "Joe Wannabes" can starve. Unfortunately, it can't be this weekend. Perhaps we can make arrangements that I take you and NanciD out to dinner at some show in the near future. (I'm all excited about being the tallest person in the group; it doesn't happen very often).

Andy

LOLOL......thank you for the very generous offer Andy. We'd haveta have a few sixpacks of Yuengling to dunk them Viagara sausages in as well as some saltines to make sammiches.

Looks like I won't be hitting the burg until about 7ish, so I'll just haveta wave atcha onna field.......always remember Cossetti's first law of performance: "Do Good; Don't Suck".......and youse will be awright......

seriously would love to catch up with you at sometime in the future......I'll even wear my lifts........hey, you want I should bring the can of Spam????

Joe a/k/a Guido a/k/a Jim

Jim,

I'll be happy to buy you dinner, but you can only imagine how rushed the entire weekend is going to be - what with rehearsals, etc.

How about if we simply meet up somewhere and I'll bring along a can of Vienna Sausage and a cigarette lighter. Will that be enough to hold you?

To be serious for a moment, I'd be delighted to buy you dinner - just so I could get the opportunity to know you better. The rest of these "Joe Wannabes" can starve. Unfortunately, it can't be this weekend. Perhaps we can make arrangements that I take you and NanciD out to dinner at some show in the near future. (I'm all excited about being the tallest person in the group; it doesn't happen very often).

Andy