Hawthorne Caballeros Return to Massachusetts!

Hawthorne Caballeros Return to Mission Drums

Lawrence, MA - July 26, 2008

The Hawthorne Caballeros travel to Lawrence, Massachusetts to compete in Mission Drums. The competition is scheduled for 7:00 pm at Veterans Memorial Stadium on Saturday, July 26, 2008.

The Caballeros are looking forward to returning to Mission Drums for the first time since the 1980's and will perform Sketches of Spain, our 2008 competing program. The Competition is sponsored by the Citations Drum and Bugle Corps and represents the return of one of Massachusetts' favorite senior drum and bugle corps events. For more information and to find out about tickets go to Mission Drums.

On Sunday, July 27th, the Hawthorne Caballeros will leave for vacation, returning to the competitive field in Kingston, NY on August 9th, 2008. Enjoy the last few weeks of July as this summer is hot hot hot! For more information on the Caballeros, visit www.cabs.org.

Should be fun up there in Massachusetts. Lots of great corps and for sure corps fans...then a well deserved week to recharge for the final push of the summer...Let's get behind and support this show. Good to see an additional or a return of a traditional sponsor.

I was curious if the Cabs, Hurricanes, or any of the other competing corps will have any marching members that competed in the old Mission Drums. I'm sure the Alumni Cabs and Conn. Alumni have some. My Boston Crusaders Seniors have three (including me) who marched in Mission Drums with Prince in the 1960's. It would make a nice picture if we could get these relics together.

Wish I was traveling with the Cabs to Boston. I marched in Mission Drums with the Geneva Appleknockers. Way to long ago for me to remember the date.

I'd bet money Cabs has people who not only were in Mission Drums but won it....

Crusaders and Empire probably do too...

I know for sure Freddie Hall in Empire marched Mission Drums with me in Brigs - there must be more...

I'd bet money Cabs has people who not only were in Mission Drums but won it....

Crusaders and Empire probably do too...

I know for sure Freddie Hall in Empire marched Mission Drums with me in Brigs - there must be more...

Hey Tom Maybe your right. I believe Lou Storck was there when we competed last at Mission Drums...

It would be great for this show to keep going.....We need a few more shows per season. Please come out and see the corps at Mission Drums... I'm sure it will be worth the trip....

Safe Trip to Massachusetts everyone....can't wait to hear the results... Real life is getting in the way of Corps life for the first time in 30 something years. I can't make the trip...Alan promises to call me with the scores...Good luck to all...

Safe Trip to Massachusetts everyone....can't wait to hear the results... Real life is getting in the way of Corps life for the first time in 30 something years. I can't make the trip...Alan promises to call me with the scores...Good luck to all...

Oh, no - No chat with Mike for us this week ? !

I guess we'll just have to pester Al instead :tongue:

Everything's OK, though, right Mike :tongue:: ?