Favorite WGI Championship show?

quegrawks

My favorite Gold Medal shows - wow, this is hard... but here I got with what comes to mind currently:

Ind. World - 1998 Blue Devils - their best show of all the years they were out. Just incredible dance/partner work and the flag feature was to die for!

Sch. World - 1998 James Logan/ 1998 Miamisburg - both shows... WOW. Truely hallmarks in accomplishments for both high school programs.

Ind. Open - 1994 Chimeras - Genius.

Scholastic Open - 1999 Pomona High School

Sch. A - 2000 Lake Mary. powerful, emotional, CLEAN

Ind. A - 1998 Nolan Catholic

Honorable mentions (because I can't pick just one.. haha)

IW Blue Devils 1995, Emerald Marquis 1999

SW Bishop Kearny 1996, Union 1988

IO The Company 1996

SO Northmont 2008, Lassiter 1997

SA Mount Carmel 1995, Carroll 1998( DANG those kids were amazing!!!)

IA Esperanza de Luz 2001

Edited by Will

Lets see some of my favorite championship shows:

World Class: Fantasia 2002 Karma Sutra,2001 Pride of Cincinnati Channel One, 1985 ERTE, some shows that didn't win but I love, All the Crown guard shows, especially "What the world need now"

Schoolastic World: Union 1987-88, Bishop Kerney, Jackson pollack show and Sybil, James Logan 2001, Flannagan 2008!

Ind Open: 1998 Patriots, Life is but a dream. They scored a 99!! Great show!! Matter of fact all the Patriot shows were great!! I miss them!!

Ind A: 2004 St Anns The End(I wonder if Crown got their idea for the show they are doing this year from St Anns....just a thought!) 2007 Rhapsody.

Oh well just a few of my favorites but I go on forever!! Lot of other shows that didn't win I liked more than ones that won! Maybe that could be the next question and answer session!!

:laughing:

Is the 98 Patriots show the one where the girl eats dirt? That was crazy (and yes, it was real dirt, and she really did eat it).

This wasn't real dirt, it was brownie mix in the bucket. After they performed she passed it around and we all got to sample some of it, lol.

The Patriots show where the girl eats dirt/brownie mix was in 99...I think it was called something like 'Liquid Days'

Their 98 show in which they won IO was called "Life is but a dream" It would also be my pick for best IO show

Duh, I knew it was in 99! Just kiddiiiiiiiing.

That's the show I meant anyways, "Liquid Dreams"

My goodness I just watched Fantasia 2006 again, and the demand of that show was off the charts.

They are haulin from start to finish......

• 2 weeks later...

IW = Odyssey - 1986 - West Side Story

SW = James Logan - 2005 - Cradle of Odin or Union 1985

IA = Final Analysis - 1986 - Celebrate Freedom (I MIGHT be a bit biased)

I tend to prefer the older shows. I miss the days when guards did actual drill. Like that Emerald Marquis Kate Bush show.

IW = Odyssey - 1986 - West Side Story

SW = James Logan - 2005 - Cradle of Odin or Union 1985

IA = Final Analysis - 1986 - Celebrate Freedom (I MIGHT be a bit biased)

I tend to prefer the older shows. I miss the days when guards did actual drill. Like that Emerald Marquis Kate Bush show.

guards today do lots of "drill" they just call it staging and don't "just march" from one place to another. It's all about the Triad now...

Edited by ATXguard