Finals 2008 Predictions

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the rankings will stay where they are. Unless Crown or Phantom can pull some amazingly perfect performance during Finals week. 4 - 8 will probably change but as for the Top 3 I think they're set and a possible interjection from Crown or Phantom.

My Predictions:

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cavaliers

3. The Cadets

4. Carolina Crown

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Bluecoats

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Blue Knights

What I really want:

1. Blue Devils

2. Crown

3. Phantom

4. Cadets

5. Cavies

6. SCV

7. Coats

8. BK

Edited by amjn

How is that based on the rankings as they are now.? Cadets have not beaten Phantom head to head. That may change this weekend, but these scores from different shows can't be compared.

Those are rankings straight from DCI

http://www.dci.org/scores/rankings/

Still a lot of time and some big shows left...but for now, I predict the following:

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cavaliers

3. Carolina Crown

4. Phantom Regiment

5. The Cadets

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Glassmen

12. Madison Scouts

13. Crossmen

14. Colts

15. Spirit

16. Troopers

17. The Academy

18. Pacific Crest

19. Mandarins

20. Pioneer

2nd through 5th is not easy to predict right now...the above is a mix of what I think and what I hope happens (though I'd love for Crown and PR to move even highter!)

That bunch from 9th to 15th is almost too tough to call at this point. I don't see Blue Stars, Blue Knights or Glassmen falling out though. The 12th spot is going to be one helluva dog fight between 4 talented corps.

The fight for 17th will also be tight between Troop, Academy and PC.

I think the Atlanta Regionals will be the telling tale who's contenders or who's pretenders..especially the Cadets. Right now..it's BD's to lose outright. Cavies are probably safe at #2. 3-5 is up in the air with 6-7 waiting in the wings. The fight for 10-12 is also in the mix. Corps that are safe imo..Boston and BK. They will probably be 8 or 9.

Still a lot of time and some big shows left...but for now, I predict the following:

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cavaliers

3. Carolina Crown

4. Phantom Regiment

5. The Cadets

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Stars

10. Blue Knights

11. Glassmen

12. Madison Scouts

13. Crossmen

14. Colts

15. Spirit

16. Troopers

17. The Academy

18. Pacific Crest

19. Mandarins

20. Pioneer

2nd through 5th is not easy to predict right now...the above is a mix of what I think and what I hope happens (though I'd love for Crown and PR to move even highter!)

That bunch from 9th to 15th is almost too tough to call at this point. I don't see Blue Stars, Blue Knights or Glassmen falling out though. The 12th spot is going to be one helluva dog fight between 4 talented corps.

The fight for 17th will also be tight between Troop, Academy and PC.

No way Blue Knights are going to get beaten by Boston and Blue Stars, BK has THE show this year. Also, unlike Boston, Blue Stars and BK are actually clean. Boston's gonna have to fight to even stay in the top 12, they have the show but the performance is sub par. Same thing with Santa Clara (though they will stay in the top 8). But really, hear me now, the Blue Stars WILL beat the Boston Crusaders. That show and the performance is just too good.

Edited by jeterbeater

Finals is in 3 weeks, what's gonna happen?

1. Blue Devils

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Cavaliers

5. Phantom

6. Bluecoats

7. Santa Clara

8. Blue Knights

9. Blue Stars

10. Boston

11. Colts

12. Crossmen/Glassmen

Just so you know, there are more than 12 corps. And I think they deserve a little attention sometimes. Just my opinion.

Just so you know, there are more than 12 corps. And I think they deserve a little attention sometimes. Just my opinion.

There are more than the top 12 but I have only seen the top 12 corps. Some of the others but not enough to judge. I'm just going by what I know and have seen.

I know this, but to be perfectly honest I've never even seen the Troopers, Mandarins, Esperanza or any of those other groups. I never saw or associated with them when I marched and usually the shows didn't interest me much, and I was in the middle of the mix with the top 8 so yeah. Of course I'd know the corps shows I associate with more than the ones I don't. The only non finalist show I've ever seen and liked was Kiwanis Kavaliers 2005, otherwise they normally just don't interest me. Crossmen was all right in 2005 too, but this chat isn't about that. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Edited by jeterbeater