Visable tattoos & less than flattering uniforms

But what if the tattoo is something like a tribute to Metallica or something and the uniform is one in which the tattoo will be seen by thousands of people during the performance. Is that okay?

thats where if its not fitting for a particualr program then i think it has to be covererd. If there is no theme or it works then its fine... I wouldnt want to see some beautiful Lacy, soft beautiful costume and then a tribute to heavy Metal all over them.

Discression of the staff

I don't have a problem with them. I'm willing to bet that if someone loves a corps enough to get the logo tattooed before they age out, they will stay there. If they do leave for another corps, they should cover it up as a sign of respect. At least in uniform. I would put it along the same line of wearing a shirt of another corps or a non-sponsored company.

I did the hop

*hangs head in shame*

but I'll never forget the look on the corps mom's face when we were being fitted for our guard uniforms in April and you could clearly see the crossed saber tattoo that wasn't there when we got measured for them in December. Priceless.

But what if the tattoo is something like a tribute to Metallica or something and the uniform is one in which the tattoo will be seen by thousands of people during the performance. Is that okay?

Well, if you were in Teal Sound 2001 performing "MeTEALlica" then I'm sure the Metallica tat wouldn't be a problem. =)

I have a couple of tattoos, one is designed around a show I marched (but is not a corps logo), one is easily hidden since it's on my foot. The other is hidden so long as I'm wearing pants. I see no problem with tattoos being visible, so long as they're not offensive to anyone. If I'm asked to cover the one on my leg, then I will, no questions asked.