Buckeye Tavern

Doesn't help that pretty much this same group moves an hour up the road to Columbus for tomorrow night's show at Crew Stadium. I know several folks from the Columbus area that usually go to Centerville that are not because they can see the corps in Columbus. I'm sure there are several Dayton folks that will not go to Columbus tomorrow.

Ends up hurting attendance at both shows...along with not having a top 6 corps.

exactly.. . .I don't know what DCI was thinking, it was a very odd move.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! My point exactly. I did throw the word "defending" in there for clarification, but it's the same thing. It's not gonna matter how many times Bluecoats best SCV this year if they once again finish in 7th. And it won't matter that the Scouts beat BS earlier this year if they don't make finals. The same analogy can be used for sports. The CURRENT World Series champ is Boston...the CURRENT BCS National Champs are the LSU Tigers...and both will be until unseated.

And as oldbandguy said, it IS a shame for there to be no top 6 corps and only one from LAST YEAR's top 12 at this show. Centerville has always been a great show and one of my favorites. Great stadium, enthusiastic crowd. DCI definitely dropped the ball on this one.

Yup. . .Centerville has a great stadium that can seat about 8K and field turf. It's a great venue, it's a shame that they had trouble selling tickets.

voila:

centervilleohiostadium.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I don't believe they had the field turf back when I marched it, but I just always remember the great crowd. Plus, there's really not a bad seat in those stands, so it's also a great venue for spectators.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

And as oldbandguy said, it IS a shame for there to be no top 6 corps and only one from LAST YEAR's top 12 at this show. Centerville has always been a great show and one of my favorites. Great stadium, enthusiastic crowd. DCI definitely dropped the ball on this one.

So are you saying that it won't be a good show unless one of the top 6 corps is there?

So are you saying that it won't be a good show unless one of the top 6 corps is there?

Not necessarily...but this show historically has a better lineup than this. Kinda like Stillwater...which is now a shadow of its former self.

Not necessarily...but this show historically has a better lineup than this. Kinda like Stillwater...which is now a shadow of its former self.

DCI is a shadow of its former self as well. Only 20 corps left to choose from in World Class.

Edited by kansasDC

Maybe the corps felt they needed a break from the fuel prices and day-after-day of shows. Don't forget, "DCI" is the corps, not that small group that runs the office in Indy. They are just the hired help.

Yes, I'm sure they like the idea of only having to go (and use gas) 60 miles up the road, but if attendance suffers that means less money for the sponsors and less money for the corps in souvie sales. The Centerville show has been with DCI for almost 30 years. They deserved MORE of the World Class corps.

scores soon I hope