Columbus

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the incredible privilege of sitting next to tonight's announcer, Brad Bell. Brad and I marched in Glassmen together back in 1995. Brad is also the announcer for the Glassmen All-Star Review in Toledo, Ohio, and has been so since 1997. The man has an incredible announcer's voice and rarely makes a mistake.

National Anthem is finished, Cincinnati Tradition's pit is wheeling on to the field. Show starting soon!

Here's my view of the field:

IMAGE_036.jpg

I last saw Tradition at the Dublin, Ohio, show (right down the road, in fact) in June. It will be great to see how much they've improved since then.

This will also be the only appearance of a G hornline tonight.

By the way, are the red sashes on the uniforms new? I don't remember them from other times I've seen them.

2008 program is entitled Tradition Espana, featuring Bully, Sunrise Lady, and Malaguena.

I count 4 guard members, two honor guard members, 1 DM, 3 pit, 4 basses, 1 tenor, 3 snares, a bunch of brass players (hard to count this low), one of which has a broken foot and is playing from the sideline.

Tradition is using more drill in their field show this year, although they still leave time for park and blow moments. Good sound from the field so far.