Allentown Pre-Post Show

Lupos pub - it's on the back side of thet stadium across the street from the park. I see a ton of drum corps folk there before, during and after the show.

The owner is a Packer fan who has a ton of Packer stuff in the bar. (wierd since he is so close to Philly) I'll be there in about 5 hours.

Lupos pub - it's on the back side of thet stadium across the street from the park. I see a ton of drum corps folk there before, during and after the show.

The owner is a Packer fan who has a ton of Packer stuff in the bar. (wierd since he is so close to Philly) I'll be there in about 5 hours.

Thanks guys, sounds good to me, I'll be there!

Lame Stadium? I think the vantage point and size of J. Birney are actually pretty good.

As far as night life goes........

The hot dog joint across the road is usually good.

There is also a decent bar directly across the street from the stadium.

But the ultimate place to be is in a new found "friends" cooler in the parking lot. Nothing brings the community together like a cooler full of adult beverages enjoyed responsibly.

What parking lot? Street parking only, AFAIK. Also, that bar across the street? A little on the dingy side, if you ask me. Crowd looked a little scary when I popped my head in the door (and quickly popped it right back out) a couple of years ago. I would like to check out the new Allentown Brew Works, but it sounds like the Cadets alumni party will be taking over the place on Saturday. Not a reason to avoid the place, but since it will be very busy, I'm thinking it might negatively affect service. I was also told that Werts Cafe on 18th Street is not bad, although I've never been there myself. Anyway, I'll be rolling into town about 4PM tomorrow so, after the obligatory stop at Josh Early Candies, I'll end up somewhere with an adult beverage! :shutup:

I'm going to ham fam after the show tonight and tomarrow night. leaving pretty soon from ct.

Personally I am fine with the current format. If you want to have afternoon and evening I would prefer the old format of all corps competing in the morning and the top 12 go on at night. I may be wrong, but I can't imagine the early shows in SA and Atlanta draw very well.

Yacco's Hot Dogs. The best.

There is also a bar up a little hill behind Yacco's. Lot's of staff hang there. I can't remember the name of it.

LUPOS!!!

Big Dale is buying the first round.

Will Cymbal_Steve be there. I have heard legendary things about this guy. Can you please wear the outfit in your avatar picture?

Well, I was there, but as you know what I look like, you need to come up and say HI!

All I saw were locals, a ton of jr. staffers and very cute tatooed barmaids!

Oh, a shout out to Pioneer's Donny Allen who did come up and say HI! :tongue:

And Michel from Beatrix! And that kid on the Colts staff that I can't remember the name of--you know who you are, you tried on a Bmen coat and hat and took a pic with us!

See you all this week at jr. Nationals and in a few weeks at sr. Nationals. I'll be the big guy with the Hawaiian shirt on!

vkcba1.jpg