Over/Under Hyped in 2008...

288 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps is getting too much hype/recognition this year?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers
  2. 2. Which corps is not getting enough hype/recognition this year?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Troopers

to bad i couldnt pick carolina crown and blue stars for being overhyped. the best thing about crown is their brass sound, the concept is just a rip off of what other corps have done before. and blue stars, maybe after seeing it again in theaters, it will be better. but i could never really follow the story after the opening stretches. is someone supposed to come out and win, is this person supposed to represent the corps?

people not getting enough hype are troopers, glassmen, scouts, troopers have an enjoyable show, the first year i really got into DCI was 04, and that was when i saw it in theaters, and never saw the troopers until this year in madison and san antonio, and it was a good show. scouts have brought their show a loooooong way yet very few seem to acknowledge that. and finally glassmen is well done, much better than any others around it right now and it has a good story its easy to follow and just plain fun to watch, and shouldnt that be something all corps shoot for?

Wow it must take a big spoon to feed you your drum corps.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Colts are the most under-hyped. FANTASTIC show!

:tongue::doh::doh::sad::doh:

Overhyped: I will have to say Phantom...which I really do not like to say, but to me is is an ok show. I don't find it to be really groundbreaking or a bench mark that be used in the future. It is a good show, but just not like was said earlier the second-coming of drum corps.

This isn't really an overhype thing, but I think with Cavies, it is turning into a competition with previous shows. And having watched this year's show. It is good...it is Cavies. That is where it loses me. To me that Cavies style is amazing and fun to watch, but this year just doesn't seem to be the innovation of past years.

Underhyped: Bluecoats...I am old school. I love a show that entertains me. 99 scouts, 03 and 06 phantom, 04 scv.and 06 bluecoats (off the top of my head) I like the show design and it is really a show I am into the whole way. I like it. In all honesty this year I am impressed becuase there is really alot of hype out there for many of the corps this year. I think as a whole show wise it is a solid year. But these are just my opinions.

Colts, Crossmen, and Scouts all have outstanding, finalist-worthy shows and are really not getting the love they deserve.

Geoffrey

I agree, especially the Crossmen. When is music performance going to count as much as bells and whistles?

Too much - Blue Stars, Crown

Too little - Bluecoats, Madison, Boston

Just enough - Phantom, Blue Devils

agreed.