1979 Blue Stars

I marched with a guy in the Kingsmen Alumni that aged out with the Blue Stars in '79. He told me of the tortuous exercises and "windbag" preparation that went into that ###### hornline. Those boys could blow! :tongue:

Not to mention that kid was Friggen LOUD on that Bari!!! Sorry Kev I hope your hearing is not permanently damaged.... :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that kid was Friggen LOUD on that Bari!!! Sorry Kev I hope your hearing is not permanently damaged.... :w00t:

I loved their 1978 show even more. I also think they were technically more sound that year. Loved that concert piece they did with the bari solos and duets. Don't recall the name if it though.

You're probably thinking of Backwoods Sideman. I actually like the 77 version of that better.

Z, what year was that?

1979. That's Colin Klos in the white shorts on the right checking out the drill. That's assorted drummers on the left checking out the guard. :)

Edited by uncle z

79bs.jpg

1979. That's Colin Klos in the white shorts on the right checking out the drill. That's assorted drummers on the left checking out the guard. :)

I'm on the left with my back to the camera......that's 'cuz I already had made the La Crescent hookup.

79BlueStars.jpg

so entertaining! such a great guard for the time.

I remember warming up behind that guard. I think they did that on purpose!

Two words for ya-

HOT PANTS!

I also always enjoyed Blue Stars. Quality and entertaining. I really liked the timbre of their drum tuning.

Edited by Steve Knob