My thoughts on Finals

Congrats on the dumbest post of the day. Your parents must be so proud.

While I am sure that the corps was disappointing finishing second, you can take it to the bank that they showed nothing but class on the retreat field and in the parking lot afterward. The members and Alumni of the Blue Devils are gracious in defeat, and always have been.

What I really feel bad about is all the anti-Devils comments the members of the 2008 corps will get the pleasure of wading through when they get home, especially the ones in the quarters and semis threads.

Congrats to Phantom Regiment on their win, and the Blue Devils on an amazing season.

Echo this post!

I have a student from the line i teach in the blue devils, and he was among the first to congratulate PR when he had the chance.

What an idiotic post that was.

It was the first time I ever attended a show by myself (my “date” had to bow out), so I spent more time paying attention to the reaction of the crowd then I usually do. My biggest gripe: While I really felt that this was one of the most supportive crowds I have ever been a part of, I really, really, really am hating the screaming of names or this, that and the other thing during the quiet or down times (unless it is kinda part of the show and everyone does it). While at times it can make us smile, the kids on the field do not hear you - they are way too in the zone to pay attention to anything then what they are there for. It just seems to me that all that is just BS to "make the tape" and have their 15 minutes (actually 1.5 seconds) of fame. Please, let's stop this!

Here here!

I remember yelling at some dork to shut up during Cavies' show- probably a little louder than I should have.

Congrats on the dumbest post of the day. Your parents must be so proud.

While I am sure that the corps was disappointing finishing second, you can take it to the bank that they showed nothing but class on the retreat field and in the parking lot afterward. The members and Alumni of the Blue Devils are gracious in defeat, and always have been.

What I really feel bad about is all the anti-Devils comments the members of the 2008 corps will get the pleasure of wading through when they get home, especially the ones in the quarters and semis threads.

Congrats to Phantom Regiment on their win, and the Blue Devils on an amazing season.

I'm not going to write a long response to this as I was going to. Suffice it to say that emotions run high and when it comes down to it, these folks expect to do well or win the title, when they don't, they get mad like anyone else. Don't think that the Blue Devils are above being unprofessional at times just because you where in them. No corps is.

Ditto on the yelling at the kids on the field! Now since you were in the press box, who was the lady that laughed loudly during Crown's ballad ruining it for those of us sitting right in front of the press box. Then she kept talking loudly. Perhaps DCI should warn the people in there that their voices do carry and that they should keep quiet during the shows. My thanks to the ushers for keeping people from roaming around during the performances. I couldn't believe how rude people were to the ushers. If you can't be on time, don't whine when you can't get in! Oh, Congrats to Phantom Regiment! :worthy::worthy::worthy: And congrats to the Blue Devils for making Phantom push it to the max to beat them.

I'm not going to write a long response to this as I was going to. Suffice it to say that emotions run high and when it comes down to it, these folks expect to do well or win the title, when they don't, they get mad like anyone else. Don't think that the Blue Devils are above being unprofessional at times just because you where in them. No corps is.

Of course they get mad when they don't win. Who doesn't? Anyone, regardless of affiliation, is bound to have bad moments...no one is immune. But on the whole, thaty doesn't change the fact that BD is still one of, if not the most professional corps in DCI. Always have been, and probably always will be. That goes double for alumni posting on DCP year in and year out.

Ditto on the yelling at the kids on the field! Now since you were in the press box, who was the lady that laughed loudly during Crown's ballad ruining it for those of us sitting right in front of the press box. Then she kept talking loudly. Perhaps DCI should warn the people in there that their voices do carry and that they should keep quiet during the shows. My thanks to the ushers for keeping people from roaming around during the performances. I couldn't believe how rude people were to the ushers. If you can't be on time, don't whine when you can't get in! Oh, Congrats to Phantom Regiment! :worthy::smile::smile: And congrats to the Blue Devils for making Phantom push it to the max to beat them.

Not sure who that was Gary. It was very quiet on my side. I would imagine the voices would carry since those bottom windows were open.

Ryan,

I wouldn't say I had a great time, but an interesting one! I really learned some more lessons of life tonight.

Lesson 1: I will never, ever attend a show again without someone else to share the experience with, even if that person is a "Newbie"! And I have been able to take 5 "Newbie's" to contests this year who loved them. Each in their own way. Some who have even seen things (as the Corps wanted us to see) that I didn't!!!!!

My only guestion Ryan is, was your friend in the audience on Friday? I am only stating my "feeling" of the show from Friday to Saturday, and while I totally agree with the placement, I just felt more emotion, power and strentgh from PR the night before.

I am truly surprised your friend could even talk at all by that point because I am not sure I could have! Maybe that is why he "

could only utter expletives", I can really imagine what those were!!!!

Donna

i had to go alone as well. it really does suck not having anyone to share it with. i felt very self-conscious. i'm dragging someone with me to Indy next year.

Here here!

I remember yelling at some dork to shut up during Cavies' show- probably a little louder than I should have.

was he yelling something about, "so-n-so, tonight's the night to do it...throw it down...blah blah?" if so, you were sitting kinda close to me and gave me and the people around me something to laugh about.