Let's design "Holy Name" 's show for next year

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you even MARCH and play at 600 bpm??? :cool:

Been there and done that (but in another lifetime).

Really this was partially kind of a spoof, but also to say they have had so many memorable shows.......I'd forgotten the Bernstein Mass and how about...no one mentioned "Les Miserables"....a very fine show. I will never forget that "I Don't Know how to Love Him" and the color guard playing along and the vocal amen.

One of my favorites is out in left field ( in that not many people mention it as one of their favorites....their 1995 production.....they took lesser known music of John Williams and weaved it into a wonderful salute to the 50th anniversary of the end of WWII. From the flag raising to the the swing dance and the crazy drumming to the boys returning home to their sweethearts.

A friend I sat with was a Navy pilot in WWII and Korea and is a professional singer. He had never seen a drum corps, but I took him so he could see his granddaughter march in Southwind that summer. He was blown away by the the calibre of all the corps, but especially Cadets.

I thought it was just SPECTACULAR..not in my top 5, but for sure in my top 10.

How about something really radical like stepping off on the RIGHT foot instead of the left. Um..oh wait, never mind. But they should play Elks Parade. It is a Bernstein piece. My friend Greg said so.

Seriously though, Im good with whatever HNC plays as long as its fast and loud. Mostly loud