Not since Star - 1991

With the exception of two of the three "tie" years, you are correct.

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused, too! :tongue:

But three tie years, Cadets, Blue Devils, and Cadets STILL won. So every year from 1992-2007 the Big Three have won every year. Star was the last non-Big Three corps to win a title until Phantom won last weekend.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But three tie years, Cadets, Blue Devils, and Cadets STILL won. So every year from 1992-2007 the Big Three have won every year. Star was the last non-Big Three corps to win a title until Phantom won last weekend.

Yes, but in those tie years, Phantom and Santa Clara also broke in with a win, too. So we're talking in technicalities here, but I do see the point. This is the first time since Star in '91 that a corps outside of those three has won the title outright.

*sigh* I'll bet the folks from Santa Clara and Phantom just love it when people insist their titles from those years don't count.

Seriously people.

The topic of the thread is:

"Not since Star - 1991, Last time one of the top 3 haven't won", which is 100% accurate.

No one said Phantom & SCV didn't win. Geez.

Edited by Slow Adam

Maybe it makes more sense this way:

No corps between 1991 (Star) and 2008 (PR) beat Devils, Cavies, AND Cadets at Finals. That's 16 years!

Maybe it makes more sense this way:

No corps between 1991 (Star) and 2008 (PR) beat Devils, Cavies, AND Cadets at Finals. That's 16 years!

Ah, OK, now that makes sense. Thank you!

So, I am pointing out that since 1991, this is the first time a corps other than BD, Cavies and Cadets have won the title.

Oh, OK - got it!

Sorry if the original post was confusing to you....but, hey...thanks for keeping the thread going!

No problem. In fact, consider it a two-for-one deal. :tongue: