Bad experinces Finals week, and good ones .

One of my worst experiences was you on your phone during corps' performances during 2/3 finals. You even turned to the guy next to you and talked about selling tickets! I thought you were rude in Pasadena!

Oh well - I gave away 4 tickets to people I didn't know over the weekend...

MIKE

Dear "Mike"

As you know, sometimes my cell phone rings. I should have shut it off during the performances. I sincerely apologize for my "rudeness". I will turn off my cell phone in the future while I am sitting in the stands. Fortunately, I remembered to do so during the World Class Finals on Saturday night! I can imagine what might have happened if I hadn't! Ugly!

How was I rude in Pasadena? During the 1/2 finals and Finals I was sitting in a Luxury Box! YOU were not in My Box!

If there is ever anything that I can do for you, please, let me know.

And on a personal note, I hope that I have never attacked you personally. If I have at any time, please accept my deepest apology. Personal attacks against other drum corps fans are not in keeping with the true spirit of our DRUM CORPS PLANET".

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my worst experiences was you on your phone during corps' performances during 2/3 finals. You even turned to the guy next to you and talked about selling tickets! I thought you were rude in Pasadena!

Oh well - I gave away 4 tickets to people I didn't know over the weekend...

MIKE

Are you talking about the Person (Ron Gunn) who poted just above you? I can't wait to see his response to this. HEHE

Actually, you were two rows in front of me one night in Pasadena and a guy brought you food during someone's show.

MIKE

Mods.

Leave this one open. I will stay out of it.

The OP started a good thing.

MIKE

Actually, you were two rows in front of me one night in Pasadena and a guy brought you food during someone's show.

MIKE

Mike:

You poor confused soul! I was the guy that brought the food to the other guy sitting near you on Friday night!! I had been sitting in my Luxury Box enjoying the competition and a catered BBQ. I got a call on my cell from the guy near you. So, I brought him some BBQ in between corps! He later told me how much he enjoyed it. He was in Bloomington this past week also! Did you see him and mistake him for me?

What can I say? To some people, "WE" all look alike!

:lol:

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

The Good: I loved the stadium...and the FREE PARKING!!!! Yes, I parked on a side street...holy crap...look I saved 10 bucks.

The Bad: The 2 Canadian dudes that came up and sat next to me after the 3rd corps performed. they didn't STFU the entire night. We don't care about what drumcorps was like when YOU marched....or need your running commentary. ######!

The Ugly: Bluecoats preshow hype at the gate during a corps performance on the field. Cadets dutting down the hill during a corps performance on the field. THE #### FIRE TRUCK THAT DECIDED TO DRIVE BY WHEN CROWN STARTED!!!!!!!

So I was just standing there minding my own business waiting for scores on Finals night, when all of the sudden some guy in a green shirt falls right on my feet. I didn't know what to do, so I just kinda ignored him and kept standing there. Luckily someone eventually came along and told him to get up.

Wierd! It just so happens I was conducting our closer, everything's working out great and the show's on fire, then out of nowhere one of the other Drum Majors stabs me with a spear! 1000's of people in the stands watching and nobody goes to help me, they just stand up and go nuts! Fortunately I was ok because he missed, but I decided to play dead anyways.

Wierd! It just so happens I was conducting our closer, everything's working out great and the show's on fire, then out of nowhere one of the other Drum Majors stabs me with a spear! 1000's of people in the stands watching and nobody goes to help me, they just stand up and go nuts! Fortunately I was ok because he missed, but I decided to play dead anyways.

:lol: HAHA- Yup- you win.

GOOD:

Someone found me tickets right near the entrance in section 8 because I can't climb easily and am scared of climbing in stadiums. My heartfelt thanks to that person. You made my whole week a great experience.

Parking was easy and relatively close as long as you got there early.

Kilroy's Bar/Restaurant. Great food and I drank free all night because designated drivers get all the soda they want for free. Nice courtyard with backround music just loud enough to be heard but quiet enough for great conversation.

Denny's restaurant Tuesday evening. The waiter not only knew what drum corps was but named several of his favorite corps, knew their history and asked advice on how to get his little sister involved. He also tried to help me find a better hotel (see BAD), and even tho I was unsuccessful I really appreciated the help.

The really nice people in my section who weren't at all bothered with helping me in and out. You all know who you are. I heart you all.

Took an unintended detour one day, got lost in a really quaint section of BLUEmington that I thoroughly enjoyed. Really wished I had more time to do that again.

Stadium workers were very helpful (although I heard the guy at our entrance still referring to us as BANDS on Finals night).

BAD:

Almost no in-stadium accomodations for people with mobility problems. When I told the ticket sales people that I couldn't climb stairs they said that was OK because they had ramps to get to the top. If I could walk half a mile of uphill ramps I'd just climb the #### steps. 2 elevators for the elite but none allowed for handicapped people. DCI better start remembering that the people who marched in the 60s and 70s are getting older and more and more are needing these accomodations.

The 2 main bathrooms had no handicap stalls.

Country Hearth Inn. No working pool. Elevator was out for 3 months. Floors so filthy I didn't dare take my shoes off in the room. Water stains on a 2nd floor room on the ceiling and dripping down the walls. Lobby wreaked of mold. Rooms basically falling apart. Paint peeling off the outside of the hotel, stucco or whatever the exterior walls were made of falling off in chunks. Air conditioner had only 2 speeds; Sonic and Blast.

I agree...Steak and Shake food was greasy and awful.

Quarterfinals. The man and woman with 2 boys around 12 or so years old who talked thru several corps very loud before I finally had to tell them to shut up.

The food. At least there weren't $5 chocolate chip cookies but really, $6 footlong hotdogs? And other than that and BBQ I really didn't see any food you could make a meal out of.