Quarterfinals APDS Are the pits too loud?

Who else has purchased APDs from quarterfinals? I just purchased Madison, Cavies, and Phantom APDs and wow the pits are LOUD. It sounds as if the corps is backing the pit as opposed to the other way around on all three. I have not purchased any recordings in five years and now I remember why. There is no perspective on the pits whatsoever and the corps are lost when playing backfield. Can we please turn the pit down in the recordings or drop the mics/amps altogether???? It continues to be a mess of unnatural sound and balance!!! I love these shows but not these recordings. What do you think? P.S. I believe Bloomington (50 yard line, 17 rows up) is the best sounding stadium I've ever been in for Finals. IMO these recordings do not reflect that.

Agreed.

But we keep hearing that the APD's are not mastered like the DVD/CD's will be whey they come out. I'd like to pay a little less per APD for this reason, but right now working out at the gym to some of my fave 2008 shows is keeping me motivated so I'm sucking it up and dealing with it until the official recordings arrive. (where's the "push ups" emoticon when I need it?)

Who else has purchased APDs from quarterfinals? I just purchased Madison, Cavies, and Phantom APDs and wow the pits are LOUD. It sounds as if the corps is backing the pit as opposed to the other way around on all three. I have not purchased any recordings in five years and now I remember why. There is no perspective on the pits whatsoever and the corps are lost when playing backfield. Can we please turn the pit down in the recordings or drop the mics/amps altogether???? It continues to be a mess of unnatural sound and balance!!! I love these shows but not these recordings. What do you think? P.S. I believe Bloomington (50 yard line, 17 rows up) is the best sounding stadium I've ever been in for Finals. IMO these recordings do not reflect that.

Granted, I have not heard any of the world-class quarters APDs yet....but I can say this much. Pits have been much louder in '07 and '08 compared to prior years. If you haven't bought any recordings in the past five years, the change in balance will shock you.

Are they going to post Finals APD's, or are the Quarters the only ones they are posting?