Instruments you cannot look cool marching with

I dont know what they are called either. There is always someone playing one of those in a mall or street corner trying to sell their C.D.s though. They sound like a tiny harp but you play them with those little mallets. The bongos she is carrying would look cool though.

That is a hammer dulcimer.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to instruments that should NEVER be carried while marching...

We have a group in Sun City, Texas that marches with lawn chairs (yes, they actually do choreographed drill).

Now technically, they aren't playing them, so they would be guard..........can we add them to the accordian group? Seems like a good match.

Sorry, I couldn't find a pic.

In my defense, most people look stupid marching saxophone because they don't know how to hold it with a good posture.

We have a group in Sun City, Texas that marches with lawn chairs (yes, they actually do choreographed drill).

Is beer involved? Guess the chairs could come in handy after a few too many.

IMG_0619.JPG

Fiberglass sousaphones sound as bad as they look. It figures Stanford would play them. Go Bruins.

Bandcmyk120.jpg

WTF?

ashley_roberts.jpg

Even though the uni is cool you can't look good with a pic or with a flip folder hanging off your wrist. BTW, where is the head gear?

Now technically, they aren't playing them, so they would be guard..........can we add them to the accordian group? Seems like a good match.

Sorry, I couldn't find a pic.

Photo (It's a dynamic link, so I couldn't post it here.)

Here's a link to several more photos.

Edited by Michael Boo