Phantom Regiment guard rumor

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly believe (or I’d at least like to believe) Greg Newell simply chose the wrong words in responding to the “rumor.”

That sounds about right to me.

I think it's a case of a reading into things a little too much as well.

That, and it's the off season and everyone needs something to talk about. . . :drool:

If you're going to inappropriately connect issues, at least get your facts straight. The incident, of which YOU speak, occured in 1992.

Keep in mind that the OP of this thread answered in response to a rumor (please see Bawker's above response).

Exactly - it's a personal matter. But I find it funny that the OP posted this here on the forum and then even followed up saying it was a personal matter. Um, if it's personal, why did he open the can of worms in here in the first place?

Really classy. Add this to the list of classy PR management blunders. Right after David St. Angel flipping everyone off in 1989 and getting caught on live television when they came in 2nd place.

Oh jeez people. If Greg had posted that Adam Sage and Phantom Regiment had "parted ways", there would be a bunch of people speculating as to who left who. How many people would have been clamoring for "the full story"? Now you got more information than an HR/Legal approved release would have given you, and you complain.

I've seen Greg Newell lurking in the thread a couple times....most likely laughing at those who take the muck and rake it periodically.

I'm sure this has been an entertaining and fun exercise fro Greg and he has learned so much about Public Relations from the DCP experts.

No doubt a new webinar or forum is in the works regarding Public Relations from the many and varied experts on this thread. I can't wait to sign up myself. Always in for a little more learning.

Please let me know when your webinar or forum will begin! I don't want to miss it.

. . .in the interest of not fanning flames anymore (and that's where this is headed, as speculation regarding the specifics of this staffing change are becoming secondary to back-and-forth sniping), gonna close this one down.

However, feel free to start another thread. . .preferably, though, one that doesn't shoot the messenger, and instead discusses the message therein. :thumbup:

As always, feel free to PM any of the Forum Support Team if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks! :w00t: